October 28th, 2011

Girls given equal rights to British throne under law changes

Sons and daughters of British monarchs will have an equal right to the throne under changes to the United Kingdom's succession laws agreed to Friday, British Prime Minister David Cameron said.

Representatives of the Commonwealth of Nations approved the changes during a summit meeting, he said. Individual governments of the 16 Commonwealth countries which have the Queen as head of state also must agree to the changes for them to take effect.

The changes would mean a first-born girl has precedence over a younger brother. They also mean that a future British monarch would be allowed to marry a Catholic.

The changes would apply to any future children of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, who married this year.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Royal family • United Kingdom • World
  1. Scottish Mama

Laughter the best medicine. Leeintulsa has a very good sense of humor.

October 28, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

yea and yea she is....permantly! i slept pretty good and my new bp meds are working. plus its a beautiful day outside

October 28, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Sunshine on my shoulders make me happy. Just a day without a nurse R can make sleeping good. It is always perplexed me about the hospitals, if your sleeping good they wake you up to make sure your ok.

October 28, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat2u

@chrissy

It's good to hear you sounding so chipper. Are you starting to get your strength back yet ? That seems to be the hardest part. Just keep on keeping on.

October 28, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

well yea its tiring still bobcat and i was having a beautiful day til jazzz said those awful things about my son. now im telling my friends good bye cuz i cant put myself thru this anymore. ive shed way too many tears cuz of her mean azz

October 28, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Change your mind change your life, water off the ducks back, it does the heart good. Not me and movin down the line, I don't mind. Would miss your wit, more here to stay for than to go? Cut the losses and call it another dunny day. Cna you pick out the Fleetwood Mac phrases?

October 28, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

oops, sunny not dunny day and can not Cna.

October 28, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat2u

@chrissy

I know it's easy for me to say, but just ignore those nasty minded azzes. I really don't want you to start stressing about this again. We need you here to post with us. Theirs is going to come to them.
    Any of us who have been here a while, know that's not you spouting that crap. We just take it with a grain of salt and move on. You do the same, but leave the salt alone.

October 28, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

I don't have to say anything at all, you just reaffirmed what all chauvinist men think.
    If you think that abortion was invented in this century, you'd be sorely mistaken, truethat.
    Continued use of a flawed ideology towards women because of what your mother did isn't healthy.
    Your mother failed you. Your father failed you.
    Women didn't nor men.
    Just those two.
    Projecting your parent's sins upon everyone else is playing the blame game on people wholly innocent of those deeds.

Can you say you're happy with all of the things you know?
    Are you a happier person because of all your research?
    Because humans were meant to be happy.
    I can't honestly say I think you're happy.

I am, though.

October 28, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

Hi, bobcat.
    What's going on in bobcatworld?

Good advice you gave chrissy.
    The salt part made me lame, too!

October 28, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

lol bobcat a wise person told me lemon juice is the new salt so i dont use salt but ty for the advice. & i prolly wont stay away much cuz then she wins. for the life of me tho i cant see what u no who sees in her? shes rude, crude & socially unacceptable!

October 28, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

I"m glad, chrissy.
    Don't let ignorant two-faced people get to you.
    Their stupidity shines out like a beacon for misfits.
    Pay them no mind.

October 28, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

You know who sees a willing student ripe for the indoctrination of an agenda really known only to them.
    I'm glad that two lost souls found each other, though.
    Doesn't make their insufferable ways easier to tolerate, however.
    Whatever.

October 28, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat2u

@banasy

Just mellowing with my catnip and jamming to Cat Scratch Fever.

October 28, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

@bobcat:
    You know Ted Nugent lives next to Bush, right?

Meow.

Nugent is awesome live.

October 28, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat2u

@banasy

No, I didn't know that.
    And yes he is awsome live.

October 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

And a Rrrrooowwwrrr, right back at you.

October 28, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Scottish Mama

I just watched Ted hunt bear in Alaska on some hunting channel. At least I think it was him. Meowwwwwwww. I thought he lived up north.

October 28, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

yea but did u see what she said about him and boys??? she is purely evil. and hes smarter than that i would think? guess that old polesmokin name fit better than i originally thought eh?

October 28, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |