October 31st, 2011

Boeing brings new jobs to Florida's Space Coast

A partnership between NASA's Kennedy Space Center and Boeing will bring more than 100 jobs to Florida's Space Coast, the governor announced on Monday.

"Florida has five decades of leadership in the space industry, which makes our state the logical place for the next phase of space travel and exploration," Gov. Rick Scott said in a statement.

Boeing's plans include manufacturing and testing its Crew Space Transportation-100 spacecraft and locating its Commercial Crew program headquarters at Cape Canaveral.

The move is expected to create 140 jobs in Florida by June 2013 and 550 by December 2015.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Economy • Jobs • Space
  1. philip

I love Pres Obama, the other philip is a right wing coward.

October 31, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. s kel

See its easy, look what I just wrote.

October 31, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

lmao u all know its patten! hes been dead so long he 4got who the heck he is.

October 31, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Patti Ann

I have yet to see any consistancy in the demands of the protesters. They all seem to have a different and personal agenda for being there, Why Wall Street? There is no change going to come about by being there except snarling traffic. Why not the White House or Congress or the Treasury Building? Unless you are expecting all those millionaires that work on Wallstreet to start throwing $100 bills out the window because they feel guilty for having it, which I'm sure they DO!!!.
    Everybody better get home before they catch the flu.Go to sunny Alabma and pick tomatoes to earn extra money. Many jobs open there

October 31, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. s kel

Patti Ann.......damn that why of so called thinking( narrow as it is) is why we have the members in congress bringing the country due to people like Patti Ann voting.

October 31, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. s kel

I ment to say bringing the country down.

October 31, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

@ s kel, careful now dont go raising that blood pressure too much! hows the missus?

October 31, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  8. s kel

shes laying here beside me, i just gave her cold med, how r u feeling. Oh i was a zombie for halloween ,I scared the crap out of kids trick or treating at my door.lol

October 31, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. s kel

chrissy did you read what this clueless fox news drone said? Come to alabama to pic tomatoes ????

October 31, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

lmao yea & i figured it was, ya know who, so i just left it alone. my bp has been normal all week & id kinda like 2 keep it thata way! take that back it elevated a tad yesterday but i grabbed a hammer & told pimp dummy he was gonna get it upside his head

November 1, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

however...there maaayy be more jobs available picking tomatoes in alabama than boeing is gonna create eh? lmfao

November 1, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  12. Gold Dragon (evolved dragonex)

Hello all.
    Boeing and NASA only hiring 100??? Well I guess its better than nothing.
    Hope you are doing better chrissy.
    Hope your misses gets better soon s kel. I had a cold for 2 weeks.

November 1, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  13. s kel

hey Golden Dragon, thank u

November 1, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

dont they suck, colds i mean? dayum ive NEVER had one lasts this long. And yea if i were the CEO i dont think i would be making such a big deal about this one would you?

November 1, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

I mean didnt they say today the 7th billionth person was born and their BRAGGIN about l00 jobs??? I think i would be embarressed lmao

November 1, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |