October 31st, 2011

Quake hits northwestern China

A magnitude 6.0 earthquake rattled northwestern China on Tuesday morning, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

The quake struck at 8:21 a.m. (8:21 p.m. Monday ET), according to the USGS. It was centered in northern Xinjiang province at a depth of nearly 17 miles below the surface, the agency reported.

The epicenter was 96 km from the city of Yining and about 130 km from China's border with Kazakhstan, the USGS said. There was no immediate report of damage or injuries.

Post by:
Filed under: China • Earthquake
  1. Mylar

Real news, when are you going to openly admit your gay so the rest of the world doesn't have to point out to you what we all know?

November 1, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. MiMi

As soon as you admit your gay MYLAR
    What about those poor boyscouts
    What any concerm that a parent here may have about the issue or is it no one cares, it couldn't possibly happen to "MY" kid, right ?
    Please people get a grip nothing is beyond happening in YOUR family
    Have some meaningful dialoge please

November 1, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MiMi

Lets put it this way. Would anyone here really let their kid camp-out on a busy 5 lane highway
    or a wooded area with YOU doing something that most famileis DONT do anymore! actually have REAL family time.

November 1, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MiMi

Oh crap, my point is that the 5 lane highway is the moles-t-e-r and the wooded area with you is giving what the child really needs fresh air and good family memories!

November 1, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. MiMi

Warning washed out bridge ahead
    other bloggers "ah, shut up"
    me "ok, if you wanna die go ahead"
    warning may be a child molest-e-r ahead
    "ah, shut up"
    your child "mom ... dad, why did you listen? now I am scared for life and you could have stopped it, if had only listened and shared information with others"
    parents "ah, shut up"
    Don't let it be you, like it was for my child.

November 1, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

@MiMi

I am a concerned parent.
    I do not, however, see evil lurking behind every turn of the highway.
    Because parents choose not to respond to some of the blogging content doesn't mean that they're unaware of the problems facing children each and every day.
    That is why a responsible parent will fully vet the adults their children may spend time alone with, from tutors to teachers to coaches to scout leaders.
    Implying that because on doesn't post because they're apathetic is not only silly, it's just plain erroneous.
    It does a disservice to everyone here.

You did say one thing that was interesting:
    "Warning: may be a child molester ahead".
    Might not be, either; the point is to teach your child the difference and to prepare them for life; not to prepare them the be afraid of life.

This is in no way an endorsement for child molestation, and any attempt to do so will be wholly a figment of your imagination.

Oh, yes, once again trying to force a dialog if futile, no matter how important the topic is, or how much one may enjoy castigating the blogger for failing to do so.

I'm sorry for your child's pain.

November 1, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. MiMi

@ banasy
    Good then, stop hindering others from what they want to talk about please
    BUTT OUT !

November 1, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

I'm entering this converstation, which is what you wanted to do.
    You wanted a dialog, you've got one.
    Talk away.

November 1, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. U U....

....are a fraud!!! Pretending ur kid was molested!!! Shame on you!!!!

November 1, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. MiMi

Alrighty then
    How about FOR JUST ONCE speaking about the ISSUES rather than weather or not you got your DAM–N hair done that day!
    And NOT about the PERSON but about the subject matter being discussed!
    please what is so wrong with WARNING people about very REAL dangers in every facet of life
    RATHER than weather you little girls LIKE SOMEONE or not
    And yes I have been JUST watching these blogs and posting from time to over the last 1 and half banasy and you have this mission to hamper this person's posts dealing and delivering vital information that may just may save some one
    Do you have the same mission NO
    Now talk about the
    Boyscouts and the quake
    Yes I saw your post and your postion is clear
    Yet when two others are having a very real conversation like you would be with someone else
    DONT BUTT IN have some restaint
    or are you just OBSESSED ?

November 1, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MiMi

@ U U
    How dare you !
    Go to you know where !!!!!!!!!!!

November 1, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MiMi

BTW
    I'll be away for awhile but make no mistake I'LL BE BACK banasy, and U U
    I'm sick just sick of YOU BULLYING people around to leave so you can all have your LOVE FEST
    While we posters have the right to speak and NOT BE INTERRUPTED by the chatters here

November 1, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Catholic Church and Boy Scouts of America

Most parents trust the boy Souts of Ameica and are totally ignorant of how many times gay volunteers have been caught molesting boys over the past 80 years. If CNN is your main source for news and this is where you spend most of your free time, you will never see news of how the BSA has been covering for gay volunteers rather than calling the police on them. CNN newsblogs are primarily frequented by democrat partisans, with a few who republican partisans dropping by from Faux news from time to time. CNN has their target audience, and caters to them just as FOX news has theirs. They tell you what their polls show you wanting to hear. When someone posts news from newspapers and magazines quoting sources, if it's not what you want to hear you get angry. (anger is expressed hurt)

A parent simply has no way of knowing if that troop leader is a gay boy stalker no more than knowing if that priest is one. These are trusted organizations and religions that these molesters hide inside of.

How many of you parents have ever bothered researching the individuals caught molesting? How many of you have posted what you have found? These are things 'not talked about' at home nor on TV. This is a place where we could have adult conversations conceringing where molesters come from, what makes US fat, what has confused our orientations. But I'm the only one who ever brings-up these subjects here on CNN. If I had not been doing this, none of this would even have a chance at being discussed here.

It seems to me that Joey is the only adult who replies like an adult rather than a gossipy old lady or a childish name-calling little brat. Joey?

November 1, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

Mary:
    And people have watched you, too.
    You also give me way more credit than I deserve; nobody is disuaded by *my* words.

@Philip:
    I've done nothing to you, other than reject your flawed thinking that everyone has been molested.
    That's all I've done.
    I am neither a gossipy old lady, nor a childish brat.

I am merely pointing out that you start every post by insulting a whole slew of people who *would* engage you in a conversation, if you were not so adamant about thinking that every single person on the face of this earth is in denial about what has happened in our very own lives.

Notice there is no name-calling here.

If you and Mary want to talk about your shared memories of molestation, go ahead.

I will continue to make remarks as long as you do about us other bloggers.

As denoted be my lowercase name.

Which, again, is vastly unfair, and making yet another outrageous claim that you cannot back up.

Not saying *you* are outrageous, only your claim.

I'm not the 24th.
    And I never will be.

November 1, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. banasy©

@mary:
    And WE POSTERS have just as much rigjht to talk about what we want.
    It's disegenous to think otherwise.
    Look it up.