Overheard on CNN.com: Stop keeping up with the Kardashians
Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from Kris Humphries after 72 days of marriage.
November 1st, 2011

Overheard on CNN.com: Stop keeping up with the Kardashians

Comments of the morning:

“’The Couple made a reported $18m from their August wedding (that's $250,000 earned every 24 hours).’ Sounds like she knew what she was doing.” - Kumbaya

“This is what happens when your life is sponsored by E!” –KD

Kim K calls it quits

On Tuesday, Kim Kardashian filed for divorce from her husband of 72 days, professional basketball player Kris Humphries. Their wedding, which E! aired in a two-part special, cost a reported $10 million and netted the newlyweds $18 million. As news broke of the divorce filing, CNN.com readers heavily mocked the reality TV nuptials and had harsh words for what they see as a money-obsessed Kardashian clan.

Missy said, “Didn't see that coming, did ya! I wonder why it lasted so long! Lol”

Leslie said, “It lasted so long because they had to stay married until after it aired – duh!”

Linda said, “PATHETIC.”

JW said, “They are such a joke. Let's stop keeping up with the Kardashian's and the world will be better! Contribute something good to the world.”

Genesis said, “I'm so tired of these ‘celebrities’ using marriage as a way to drum up publicity for themselves. They spend millions of dollars for a complete travesty of a relationship. That sure could have helped a lot of people who are struggling just to stay in their homes.”

FEED-UP! Said, “Unbelieveable! Millions upon millions of people are out here suffering and, for reality purposes, literally millions upon millions of dollars was spent on a wedding that lasted only TWO months. No wonder the world is in bad shape. The Kardashian's should be ashamed of themselves, especially Kim and her Mom for exploring the holy sanction of marriage just for TV."

A said, “I love how her ‘careful consideration’ only came AFTER the marriage. Methinks it should have come before. Ah the life of a celeb... "

Shirley said, “The whole thing is a circus and I can't believe I am commenting here. They will do anything to get news copy including the mom's latest on Simpson. Shame on her and Kim~"

Patti said, “I missed the over – under by just a few days. What an absolutely pathetic couple!”

Paul said, “This is so ridiculous. The American way.”

Fooled said, “Was a huge publicity stunt and AMERICA just lined the Kardashians pockets. Lol”

Don said, “This whole KARDASHIAN thing is a joke. Kim and her family are a joke. The public should drop them like a rock, don't but any of there crap, let them join the food line and certainly the back of the line in Vegas!”

Chrissy said, “What a joke .. so many charities and others could have really been helped with the money spent on that circus.”

Nora said, “I knew this Marriage was nothing more than a publicity stunt. Kim you should have to return all your gifts and please do us a favor and elope next time.”

Caseb said, “I’m hoping that now at least some people will wake up and stop wasting another minute on these superficial people, however, the odds are against that. If I never hear the name Kardashian again, I'll be the happiest man on earth.”

Stephanie Taylor said, “With people starving in the world, Kim had a 10 million dollar wedding, bought a 400k car and got a divorce in 70 days without telling her husband first? I was wrong about Kim K. I will never watch any of her shows again.”

Andy said, “FYI: reality TV isn't reality. Everything is calculated and every action is directed. This marriage/divorce plan was put in to effect over a year ago just to popularize this stupid family and make more money. ... No reality show is actually reality peeps.”

Y said, “I didn't think it was going to last. He was just a rebound from Reggie Bush.”

RL said, “I hope she has to return the $18 million she made off her wedding.”

PeaceHo said, “In this bad economy it was disgusting to see such an over-the-top and lavish wedding. Now that the marriage is history it is even more apparent how wasteful that $10 million was. Too bad the money wasn't better spent on, say, helping needy kids in Haiti, Somalia, or the Sudan. Too bad that money wasn't spent of helping people here in the U.S. who are struggling. What DO the Kardashians do ... other than spend money? How do they contribute to make society better?”

tmp1356 responded, “Many people did benefit from this wedding. Many people were hired to do catering, dress making, etc. Maybe not the ideal way to help, but she did spend money, which employed people, which helped the local economy...”

PeaceHo responded, “Like Vera Wang needs more money?”

Open Thread: Talk about the news

Do you feel your views align with these commenters' thoughts? Post a comment below or sound off on video

1. KATHY T

Good for you Kim, Chris was a real jerk!

November 3, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  2. MMM

Although I may not agree with their decision to have gotten married, is it really necessary to bash on her and her entire family?? Also THERE = a place/ location THEIR= is possessive get your English right. Kim is giving her gifts to charity, if you actually read all sides to the story. They made no profit on the wedding whatsoever.

November 3, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. Dida

I hope everyone will boycott this ridiculous family and their shows.

November 3, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • peter

What kind of people are watching this drivel in the first place? They are the johns to the Kraptrashian W H O R E S !

November 15, 2011 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. L. Louise

Kim's husband was not a jerk...pay attention, he was as much part of this circus act as the Mom and the entire clan. Everyone pockets C-A-S-H, and we were the ass...I will never watch this program again. I think President Obama was wiser than us all– he recognized a fraud when he saw one - family!!! Old saying: fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, the K clan should never get another opportunity to fool the world again. I had no pity for Kim's Mom on the View, she practiced all day and night to cry on cue!

November 3, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kimfakedashian

Anyone who finds this break up as a suprise is really out of touch with reality. I remember hearing about the engagement on the radio and making a bet with my brother that this marriage would not last 3 months and LuLzing about it for a second. Reality TV is not actually reality. Its either rich people being fake for our amusement, famous people being fake for our amusement or regular people being fake for our amusement.

November 4, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Helela Tomey

Kim is as fake as they come, plastic from head to toe, what real people wakes up in the morning with full make up on and all day wearing 6" heels, no one lives like that these wh.... have no talent, she is now open again to sleep with the rest of the ball-players that waiting in line to swim in her ocean.

November 7, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Kimfakedashian

Kim Kardashian said in a Cosmo interview quote: "'Ambitious' is my middle name." Also, she went on to say pretty much that her life is her show, her show is her life. Others (friends and family) say she is no different on camera than she is off camera. She is a true media W-word (not good word).

November 4, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Esther W. Miller

I am so tired of hearing about the Kardishians, can we please read about someone that does some good in the world.
    Please let us read about someone else.

November 5, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ananth K

I am shocked that an established news channel like CNN would waste so many hours on TV and real estate online to cover a nobody. There are so many more worthy causes in the world that are cryingfor your attention.

November 7, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Haal

She need to return the gifts, to the people who gave it to her did anyone see the cost of the items she choose, that girl is so greedy, no charity wants that kind of gifts, then she will use it as a tax write-off.. when will this train-wreck stop. with all the money they have she did not have basic things in her house, when she was shopping she did not buy the expensive items she asked for. shame on them and Kris is only a matter of time till she leave Bruce, she already think she is a hottie, woman you have a bunch of kids you are OLD

November 7, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

HA HA.....THAT IS SO TRUE....SHE IS ALL THAT......NOT!!!!!

November 10, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Haal

Kim acts like she is the only woman o the planet with Ass, since the beginning of time women had-have Ass, but that's what she use as a brain, I will love to see her when she reaches 60 ass hanging down on the back of her legg. plastic surgery can only work for a time when nature takes its course let me see you fight it to the end. If Reggie BUsh goes back to that wh- he will be nothing but a Bit..h

November 7, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • sallyone

LMFAO!!!

November 7, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heywood Jablowme

English translation please

November 9, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. JFB

I will never watch another episode of any of their shows. It's sad that the mother/step father think that they raised morally responsible children. Maybe they should be less money hungry and teach their children how it's better to give than recieve. I guess their isn't any line that this family won't cross for money.

November 8, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I AGREE WITH YOU ALSO ON YOUR COMMENT.....WELL SPOKEN......I DID'NT EVEN KNOW KIM HAD A SO-CALLED CHARITY UNTIL THEY ANOUNCED THE DIVORCE.....DID YOU? SHE MENTIONED IT TO COVER EVERYTHING UP....

November 10, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Heywood Jablowme

could it be that Chris didnt have a board big enough to tie to his behind so that he wouldent fall in?

November 9, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. NMA

I am so over this Family. There are more important things to be worried about. This Family will do anything and everything for publicity. They need to visit the real world. The money spent on that so called wedding. Do they know how many hungry childern could have been feed.

November 10, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mary

Why is this family considered celebs? I dont get it...The only one I remember is Bruce Jenner in the Olympics....This show should be off the air; all these people talk about is money. money. and more money.....Kris Jenner gets her 10% off each of her daughers. As far as this wedding is concerned I feel for Kris H. Kim knew where he wanted to live in the beginning, no excuse for the 72 days of marriage. Kim is an adult, when people get married they discuss things in their future....like where they are going to live...etc.....Im not watching this show anymore, I work in a Mental Health Facility where there are folks that have no families, no home, no money, and no where to go...give me a break. Too many people in this Country are not doing very well and this is on the air. This is totally wrong. Im so over this family....not because Im a fan.....I say pull the plug on this show.....It makes people depressed watching this because they have nothing, and this family has it all......PULL THE PLUG ALREADY.....IM DONE

November 10, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. why?

so it took millions of comments, on the *insert glitter and confetti, lights...etc* "Kim K divorce" to finally wake up CNN to display these comments weve left for years? interesting. yaay CNN you've made it a headline!!! so proud you listen to us! *loved* clap for the Kardashians theyve made headlines! o! and Kris Humpries? love? You are a moron too.

November 14, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |