Magazine office burns as Islam issue hits stands
Police officers stand in front of the burnt out offices of French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris.
November 2nd, 2011

Magazine office burns as Islam issue hits stands

The offices of the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo burned early Wednesday morning, the day it was due to publish an issue with a cover appearing to make fun of Islamic law.

The cover has a bearded and turbaned cartoon figure of the Prophet Mohammed saying "100 lashes if you're not dying of laughter."

The magazine's publication director said the fire was caused by a Molotov cocktail.

The executive, identified on CNN affiliate BFM-TV as "Charb," expressed outrage at the attack.

FULL POST

Post by:
Filed under: France • Islam
  1. s kel

I agree Kalen.....but a muslim extreamist is no better than a right or left wing one. If you dont agree with them than you will DIE??? What kind of free speech or free thought is that???

November 2, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Righteous Ron

As a Canadian I was always under the impression that any book that incited "violence" was against the law.

November 2, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mike

If I recall correctly they are the ones that flew planes into the twin towers and are killing christians and jews and anyone else for that matter that does not agree with there religion. I know it is not all of them but do we not see the peace loving muslims speaking out against this kind of behavior? How are we suppose to be tolernt of them if they can't be tolernt of anyone else?

November 2, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  3. Scottish Mama

I just wish we could all get along so we could visit the historical sites in all those places.

November 2, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. s kel

hence feed the pigs pork sandwichs.....

November 2, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. s kel

you can Scottish Mama......... Join the Army......lol

November 2, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

Even those beautiful sites are in dispute as to actually owns them (which, imo, no one should) so I don't foresee any compromise in the near future...

November 2, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

Intolerance breeds intolerance.

November 2, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  8. Scottish Mama

s kel -you little sprite. No one is safe from you today. Woke up on the right side of the bed today.
    My age prevents me from joining.

November 2, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  9. Scottish Mama

Economy helper? I wanted to know who is this interum government? Like who came in and named them boss?

November 2, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. Scottish Mama

I think the people should get the money for street improvments or rebuilding.

November 2, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  11. bobcat2u

Islam is the only religion that I know of that reacts so violently at the slightest provacation. They claim to be a tolerant and peaceful people, but some cracks a joke and it's instant jihad. And it's not only the extremists, it's the everyday love you to death, peace to the end. Is it a requirement by their religion that they lose any semblance of a sense of humor ?

Good morning banasy, s kel, Scottish Mama.

November 2, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  12. justathought

You know what s kel, something the government never figured out, these Muslims are so afraid of pigs that human guards are not needed, just a heard of pigs will do the job very well. if the interigators really wanted to get the truth out Muslims just put them in a small space and theaten to put a pig in the space with them and they would squeal louder than the pig. But this is forbbiden torture.

November 2, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  13. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

I wish National Lamp00n magazine was still around.

November 2, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  14. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

OK, add Lamp o o n to the list of blocked words.

J a p a n e s e S k y s c r a p e r L a m p o o n

November 2, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Bimbo the Birthday Clown

And anything containing T I T. I think I'll use teat instead.

Substeatute
      Consteatution
      Enteatlement
      Teatanic

November 2, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mike

I just hope they remember this kinda stuff when they see them F-16s flying over dropping bunker busters that they brought it on themselves!

November 2, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |