November 4th, 2011

Papandreou wins confidence vote

Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou won a confidence vote in Parliament early Saturday after days of political turmoil sparked by his controversial proposal to hold a referendum on an international bailout for Greece.

Post by:
Filed under: European Union • Greece • World
  1. George Patton

Now the Greek people will pay through the nose for this!!! It seems like all these good for nothing right-wingers always manage to worm their way out of everything! Now Greece stands to slide into a very severe depression which will last for years to come!!!

November 4, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Andreas Moser

He doesn't have MY confidence. Neither have the people who voted "yes" in this confidence vote. Neither has anybody in Greece probably.

November 4, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  3. funky bunch

The people of Greece have zero confidence in him. The people are not even going to be allowed to vote on the bail out, forget confidence vote.

November 4, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat2u

All I can say here is, woe to the Greek people with their upcoming tribulations over this confidence vote. What Greece soarly needs to do is to quit the Eurozone and go back to using the Drachma. First of all, they need to get rid of this George Papandreou!!!!

November 4, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat2u

Thank you GP for speaking so eloquently while using my name here. It's a very nice change from you using all your other language. Thank you again and keep up the good work.

November 4, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Right Wing Insanity"

George Papandreou – Why do you waste my time like this. The only thing standing between you and the bailout, is bartering. Almost as old as time itself. Here's how it works... You give me 3 jars of Greek Olives, and I give you 2 cans of Budweiser. You give me 10 greek gyros, and I give you 5 tacos (no cheese). You give us a tour of Greece, including the Greek Parthenon, and we give you a 50 cent tour of Leavenworth. Got it? Bartering.

November 4, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ika

Hard times await the Greek people!

November 4, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kelly

Hard times also await the Americans...

November 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ kelly:
    Hard times...AWAIT the Americans?
    What waiting?
    I see hard times everywhere I look.
    I see people in my supermarket buying food that will "fill you up" but not really nourish you.
    I see a coffee-shop owner being too nice to me because I come in regularly and can afford to leave an appropriate tip for the time I occupied the table–where, by the way, the Hispanic waitress was too nice because the shop is not as full as it used to be.
    A taxi driver tells me that even though it's raining, not many people will hail him because they have no money for things like cabs.
    Those are symptoms of hard times.
    I see retired opera singers who were once famous still living in grand apartments but not buying the best food or replacing a recognizable fur coat that I remember from old press shots.
    I see an operatic soprano who no longer wears her emerald ring, and I know where it went.
    I see people from all walks of life having hard times.
    I believe that it will get worse.

November 4, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dr.RUFFNUTT

GREESE suks... they need to get off their lazy behinds and get to work..

November 4, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

Please! Can you spew that mumbo-jumbo under someone else's name here? This is making me look like a right-wing, mindless Tea Partying jerk!!! If the Greeks could help themselves, they would but first they need to get rid of that jerk Papandreou and his right-wing, pro-Western henchmen!

November 5, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Kelly

This is all true JIF. Perhaps I should have said "harder" times await since we all know this world monetary crisis will quickly affect us here in the US.

November 4, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. s kel

humph.......paid votes!

November 4, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Anita Drink

George Patton, when you have an opinion that doesn't contain the words "right wing thugs" I will personally tap dance nekkid on the White House steps.

November 5, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  13. cacbar

mmmm, give me some of that greek money. yummy, work greek slobs, pay my interest. If your good, maybe I'll vacation there and give you some money back...

November 5, 2011 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. Scottish Mama

The peoples vote, does it even count anymore?

November 5, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. s kel

this is to anita drink"right wing thugs" non stay you butt home and keep your clothes on.

November 5, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |