November 19th, 2011

Deficit committee still talking

Members of the congressional committee created to craft a bipartisan deficit reduction deal continued working into the weekend despite growing pessimism over their inability so far to reach agreement.

Republican committee members held a conference call Saturday morning, a senior GOP aide said. The aide declined to describe the discussions.

"I assume bipartisan conversations are continuing," the aide said.

Although the 12-member panel technically has until Wednesday to finish its work, it faces a practical deadline of Monday to make a proposal public to trim $1.2 trillion from the deficit over 10 years, then send it to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office for review.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Budget • Economy • Politics
  1. banasy©

Obama is trying to pay for the defense debts that bush left unpaid. To think differently just because it was Bush that racked up that debt is absolutely ridiculous.

November 19, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)

The waste came during the Bush administration. Does the cutting of taxes for the wealthy just prior to starting to unfunded wars in any way ring a bell with you.
    The money President Obama has been spending has been for the betterment of this country.

November 19, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. gung hoe

Ok both banasy and bobcat have had to much obamaaid that neither of you can see straight .Both of you have been brainwashed by your unions that neither can think for themselves,so I wont even try to convince you .I do have a question for you bobcat you are a union rep arentcha at the very least a union member,its not hard to spotem when you live amongst them . Now you two had your say I would like to state a couple of facts ok.1st If wild billy had taken care of buisness when the cole was attacked Bush wouldnt have to clean up his mess oh and ah billy couldve done it when the WTC was attacked the first time! Now you dems like to say oboma is cleaning up after bush wrong .try dodd and frank them two alone brought the financial instutions to it knees by forcing them to loan to people who knew they could not pay it back.Well I could go on and on but Id just be wasting battery on you two

November 19, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Gung, when I disagree with you, I don't start insulting you. That is right up there with what someone else did to me, and I stopped reading his posts, just like I stopped reading this one for the same reason.

November 19, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@gung hoe:
    Well, I certainly wouldn't want you to waste you battery on me.
    I'm sure bobcat would agree.
    chrissy is right; you need to choose your wording carefully.

November 19, 2011 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)

@gung hoe

I have never belonged to a union let alone been a union rep. My reasoning being, that when you join a union, you're paying someone else to do your talking for you.
    Well, God blessed me with a big mouth and a strong backbone. I don't need anyone to do my talking.
    And by all means, please do not waste your battery on me.

November 19, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)

And one more thing gung hoe, why is it you always avoid answering when it's brought up about the tax cuts and unfunded wars compliments of Mr. Bush ?
    I swear you remind of someone else that posts here.

November 19, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bigwilliestyles

@ Banasy and Bobcat: please take it easy on gung. He's still a little ticked about all of that 'book learning' that the Dept of Ed forces on him and others like him that we can all see was clearly unnecessary.

November 19, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Oh, you're a wily one, bigwilliestyles....

November 19, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat)

@bigwilliestyles

Sorry, But He Done Got My Dander Up. lol

November 19, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

wow @ gung hoe, correct me if im wrong but im pretty dayum positive you belonged 2 the union! YOU told me this & are you or are you not on disability? these bills OBAMA is payin have been mounting for years, & ur naive if you think they just cropped up!

November 19, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)

Ahhh, thank you chrissy. It's always nice to see the whole picture.
    BTW, how did your SBSP marathon go ?

November 19, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

It is the Republican Congress that are trying to eliminate SSI and other programs. They have repeatedly voted against ANY AND ALL reform simply because its against OBAMA and NOT for any good reason. You need to do more research cuz its gonna affect you!

November 19, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

u talkin bout spongebob bobcat? lmmfao i was spared that by ernest goin to jail! lmmfao one more thing for gung hoe tho now that im fired up, u claim to be a minister? u sure as HELL dont sound like one and u havent acted like one @ least once that i no!

November 19, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  15. gung hoe

@bobcat unfunded wars ok bobcat I answered that with my other post about clinton not being a leader and taking the fight to the enemy when they attacked us twice and how many times did they attack us under bush once ,THATS BECAUSE OF THEM TWO UNFUNDED WARS ! It seems bush thought best to take the fight to them than to wait for them to attack us again.And Im sorry I didnt notice where I havent answerd your or anyones post,like you said i was born with a big mouth.@willie dept of ed??

November 19, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |