November 19th, 2011

Deficit committee still talking

Members of the congressional committee created to craft a bipartisan deficit reduction deal continued working into the weekend despite growing pessimism over their inability so far to reach agreement.

Republican committee members held a conference call Saturday morning, a senior GOP aide said. The aide declined to describe the discussions.

"I assume bipartisan conversations are continuing," the aide said.

Although the 12-member panel technically has until Wednesday to finish its work, it faces a practical deadline of Monday to make a proposal public to trim $1.2 trillion from the deficit over 10 years, then send it to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office for review.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Budget • Economy • Politics
  1. banasy©

So...let me see if I get this straight...Obama trying to pay the debts of those two unfunded wars is somehow wrong?

November 19, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

and wake up how cheap do u think a l0 year war is let alone several? how do u expect one man to clean up in 3 years what took several a dozen years to create? ur right bobcat he is startin to sound like the lothesome one sheesh!

November 19, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bigwilliestyles

@ gung hoe: Clinton did the same thing Bush did: utilized the wrong tactic. Clinton tried to use cruise missiles, which I believe gave the terrorists the idea for 'planes from the sky' that resulted in 9/11...

November 19, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. gung hoe

Dam look what happens to a conservative on a liberal site . Ok will you people go up to my first post and uhhum gee look and see what I WAS SUGGESTING THAT NONE OF YOU HAVE TO THROW THEM ALL OUT ! OH I GUESS I SHOULDNT HAVE SAID OBAMA THATS WHEN A COUPLE PEOPLE WENT APE CRAP

November 19, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)

So gung hoe, are you trying to tell me that these 2 unfunded wars have had no effect on our econmy ?

November 19, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bigwilliestyles

While Bush tried the 'Shock and Awe' thing that resulted in two long (and unfunded) failures. Obama, on the other hand, used his head and allowed the leveling of the playing field in Libya that resulted in the 'will of the people to determine the result. Oh, and no American lives lost and fully funded.

November 19, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)

And BTW gung hoe, I'm an independent. That means I can look at both sides of the story with an open mind.

November 19, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

matter of fact mr wiseguy SSI is NOT social security it is suplemental security, which comes from state money! look it up! its NOT owed to citizens. and youre spellin got real good all of a sudden are you sure youre Herman cause im not anymore.

November 19, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bigwilliestyles

@ gung: calm down, you're starting to sound like 'Herb' Cain.

November 19, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

@gung hoe:
    No, it was when you started the insulting remarks such as "Ok both banasy and bobcat have had to much obamaaid that neither of you can see straight .Both of you have been brainwashed by your unions that neither can think for themselves,so I wont even try to convince you" and "Well I could go on and on but Id just be wasting battery on you two".
    So I'll say it again: if you want me to take your posts seriously, nix the insults.

November 19, 2011 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. gung hoe

Oh please willie well if thats what you want to think @chrissie right about the ssi wrong about the union never had never would must be someone else @banasy if i insulted you am so so sorry did not mean to the battery thing this phone has a terrible battery

November 19, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

and CLINTON wasnt in office in 9/ll therefore BUSH took us to war based totally on lies! that reasoning dont hold water bud! also it was bush gave the banks a bailout, and oh golly gee boys dont worry yall dont gotta pay it back and yea take a fat bonus

November 19, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

@bobcat:
    I have told people repeatedly I'm an independent; some folks have a problem with reading comprehension. I had the same problem with THAT GUY, also.
    It's getting tiresome.

November 19, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

cuz yall dont gotta account for a nickle okie dokie! dang

November 20, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat)

@banasy
    Ah, this is good practice for me. I know we're all thick skinned here, and it sure is paying off. If these people want to dish it out, believe me I can give them a full plate and more.
    Hell, I'm just getting warmed up.

And chrissy, calm down girl. I don't want you to get that pressure up again. lol

November 20, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |