November 19th, 2011

Deficit committee still talking

Members of the congressional committee created to craft a bipartisan deficit reduction deal continued working into the weekend despite growing pessimism over their inability so far to reach agreement.

Republican committee members held a conference call Saturday morning, a senior GOP aide said. The aide declined to describe the discussions.

"I assume bipartisan conversations are continuing," the aide said.

Although the 12-member panel technically has until Wednesday to finish its work, it faces a practical deadline of Monday to make a proposal public to trim $1.2 trillion from the deficit over 10 years, then send it to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office for review.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Budget • Economy • Politics
  1. Jj

and how would we have gotten binladen if we werent there in the first place. yes war sucks and it does take alotta money but now thanks to bush the taliban is pretty much dismantled. lets not forget that in obamas first year in office he spent more than bush did in eight years which included two wars. and what do we have to show for it??? Nada zip zilch i personally want the half a trillion back that obama gave to his solar company buddy that later claimed bankrupsy! thats just one of many examples of the money this pres has thrown out the window have a great day banz! goin to canyon lake see if i can catch a big one 🙂

November 20, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat ( in a hat )

With President Obama, we have an economy that has quit hemoraging from the fiscal missteps of Bush. Granted, the economy is no where near what anyone wants, but at least it's not in a freefall like it was under Bush.

November 20, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat ( in a hat )

You do realize that the Slyndras loan process began under the bus admin. right ? As a matter of fact, Bush tried his best to push it through prior to Obama taking office. Don't take my word, look it up.

November 20, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

@Jj:
    At least you were respectful about it, lol!

November 20, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

ok 4 the record THIS is the lst post ive made today so whoever trolled me @ ll:27 am take a hike cuz....its on and poppin now moron!

November 20, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

although i agree with what the troll said partially i CAN and as my friends will tell you, SPEAK WELL ENOUGH FOR MYSELF! Good afternoon yall!

November 20, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

@Jj: of course it looks as if Obama has spent more money; he's trying to pay for the wars under Bush while simutaneoulsy paying to keep it *going*.
    Using Obama as the scapegoat for the economy is just as absurd as your assertion that Bush was blameless.

Hope you catch a good'un! 🙂

November 20, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat ( in a hat )

I don't know why everyone is trying to deny the fact of when and with whom this mess started. I guess they're in a case of denial. Even when our president has made moves that the majority know would be positive, he just gets shut down. I've got to agree that the man is just to nice and decent. That's probably where the problem is. He just need's to get mean and nasty like those who are trying to take him down. He does do the right thing by taking it to the people. Again the majority do agree with what he is doing.

November 20, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

gettin old aint it banasy? ssdd lol but im gettin a reprieve from sbsp today so its all good! lmao

November 20, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat ( in a hat )

Hey chrissy
    Have you got that nasty ole BP down enough to get riled again today ?

Hey banasy
    Do I have to be nice to Jj, or can I give him a healthy dose of my 5 alarm chili ?

November 20, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

and dont give up the battle bobcat or the war will be lost old friend! and they can be in denial all they want, obama may not be perfect, but at this point he dayum sure is the best weve got! and given the opponents they keep pullin out their azzs hes it!

November 20, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat ( in a hat )

Wars are won battle at a time, And this old alley cat still has seven lives left.

November 20, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. bobcat ( in a hat )

If people will be sensible and give Obama a congress that will work with him, I believe a lot of good stuff will happen for our country.

November 20, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

lmmfao @ bobcbt u jus go wit ur badself!

November 20, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

I want reiterate here that I stand by my last post on this web page which was @11:27am, expressing my disgust at the very stupidity at this so-called "super-committee". It appears that some Tea Partier's trying to mimic me here. It's funny how these Tea Partying trolls never post anything intelligent here themselves. Has anybody here noticed that?

November 20, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

Thank you, chrissy. Your 11:27am post here was quite an intelligent one. Like you, I too am quite appalled at the very stupidity of these people or are they getting paid off by special interest groups? One never knows!!!

November 20, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |