Former FBI director to lead Penn State investigation
Former FBI director Louis Freeh will lead the Penn State sex abuse investigation.
November 21st, 2011

Former FBI director to lead Penn State investigation

Former FBI Director Louis Freeh will lead Penn State University's inquiry into the school's response to sex abuse allegations involving former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky, trustee Kenneth Frazier said Monday.

Sandusky is accused of sexually abusing a boy at a football complex, an act allegedly witnessed by an a football graduate assistant who reported it to coach Joe Paterno and other superiors. But it was years before law enforcement was notified, according to a grand jury report.

Paterno, the winningest football coach in Division I history, was fired this month amid outrage over the handling of abuse claims involving Sandusky. Penn State President Graham Spanier also lost his job.

Six days after Sandusky's arrest, the college announced it was creating a special panel to investigate the allegations.

Frazier, a trustee who is chairing the panel, has said the inquiry will be "rigorous, objective and impartial."

Pennsylvania's attorney general charged Sandusky, 67, with 40 counts in what authorities say was the sexual abuse of eight young boys over several years. In addition, two Penn State officials are charged with failing to inform police of the allegations.

National anger grew after recent revelations of a graduate assistant's 2002 report that he had seen former Sandusky performing anal sex on a young boy in a football complex shower.

Paterno said that he'd never been told the graphic details revealed in a grand jury report about sex abuse allegations, but that he nevertheless passed the allegations on to his boss. Paterno has said he had done "what I was supposed to do." But in a later statement, he said "with the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

The NCAA and the U.S. Department of Education are also investigating.

Post by:
Filed under: College football • Crime • Jerry Sandusky • Sports
  1. banasy©

@pmk1953:
    That's his other half.

@Mary:
    Nope, I'm not pmk1953, but he's right.
    He was also talking about his *own* posts...

Somewhere, you've lost yourself.

November 21, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

Raype is raype, Mary.

In all forms.
    Obviously, getting butt rayped is the most important thing in Jazzzzzzzland...

November 21, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Kobio

Just make sure Mr. Freeh didn't volunteer at Second Mile

November 21, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Susie Q

Yup, just as I thought; your all talk and no heart. too bad I really liked you. ya know and I kinda miss you.

November 21, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

I have a lot of heart, Mary.
    I just don't agree with some things.
    It doesn't make me heartless; it makes me a realist.

Stiff penalties for the perp: absolutely.
    Stiff penalties for those who participate in the cover up?
    Absolutely.
    Stiffer than the perp?

November 21, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Susie Q

We all live by our own reality Donna. But but the harsh reality is only the boys who are rayped know best.

November 21, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Susie Q

Darn I missed some punctuation! 🙂 lol
    ahhhh, and I said but twice! 😦 crap

November 21, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

Know *what* best?
    As we are female, Mary, we will never know what a boy being rayped goes through.
    You and I will never know that reality, either.
    I *was* rayped*; I *know* how that feels.
    Therefore, I *can* say, raype, by any other name, is still raype; and one gender does NOT suffer any more, nor any less, than the other.

November 21, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Susie Q

I wasn't saying that Donna, I believe you already knew that. Even the raype you endured is wrong period, yes and true.
    This story is about boy raype and that's what I was addressing.
    I also believe I already said a women could never understand what happens to a boy when rayped.

I will not explain my posts any further, enough said. Gn

November 21, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Whatever, Mary.

November 21, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. tammy muliins

What a waste, of money. This is a case of obviousness and it doesnt take the FBI to do it. I could do it as an undergrad~wow!

November 21, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

as usual mary u are full of yourself! so tell me this if a 3 year old little girl is rayped it dont count cuz shes not a boy??? w-t-f is wrong with you? i mean really?

November 22, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

and dont think for one second that little girls dont sometimes get sodomized when they are rayped cuz it happens. So b4 these p-r-i-c-k-s are put to death, the actual perps, they need to be castrated without anesthetic and let em suffer that for awhile!

November 22, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  14. larck

Want a new year’s resolution to make money? Get yourself started taking advantage of the gold rush happening right now, don't let this opportunity pass you by, you can trade gold from home and make money every day, whether gold goes up or down you can easily trade it online and make money, all you need is our help to teach you how.....Gold trading academy.

November 22, 2011 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |