November 21st, 2011

Gotta Watch: Black Friday bonanza

It's Thanksgiving week, and some of you know what that means besides turkey and leftovers.  It also means Black Friday, the one day retailers aim to maximize their profit margins and try to lure you into spending your hard-earned cash.  If you're a seasoned Black Friday shopper like I am, you'd have already scoured online for all the deals in advance, and have an attack plan timed out to the last second.  Or maybe you just want to get out of the house.  Either way, if you're a seasoned shopper, you'll know what I'm talking about.  If not, HLN's Clark Howard and Jennifer Westhoven are here to tell you if it's worth braving the lines:

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/living/2011/11/21/shopping-secrets-revealed-black-friday.cnn"%5D

And the must-have gadget to shop for this year?  Tablets!  For the person on the go who wants to do anything one can do on the computer without lugging a laptop, here's two new products to check out:

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/11/21/shopping-secrets-revealed-gadgets.cnn"%5D

But don't let retailers and prices fool you into going broke this holiday season.  Make a plan and stick to it, so you won't regret it later!

[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/11/21/shopping-secrets-revealed-budget.hln"%5D

And this video is just too priceless for us not to include in today's Gotta Watch.  It's a Black Friday play on words with the Kohl's cover of Rebecca Black's "Friday."

A Black Friday play on words

Post by:
Filed under: Gotta Watch
  1. banasy©

When is Crayola going to change that color to "infinite absence of color"?

November 21, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

BOMBO: lmao!
    I love you...
    You love me...

November 21, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

People of color are funny!

November 21, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. BOMBO

Oops. It said Barry. But I still don't get it.

Maybe I need to wear my glasses on the computer, or expand to 125%. Getting older sux.

November 21, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. kim

Shop till you drop

November 21, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO

No. Then I'll have to keep stepping over bodies while I'm shopping, and I'm in a hurry.

November 21, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Cann

Here's a tip for Black Friday: stay home and enjoy yourself 🙂 I value my time, nerves and well-being a lot more than a few dollars saved. It's other way around for me – I would pay extra NOT to wait in line for hours or days. Cheers!

November 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. bigwilliestyles

Not spending a dime. Boycott game on. Support your local OWS movement. Oh, p.s.: don't care if you do or not.

November 21, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Chad

Cyber Monday is the Black Friday for civilized people.

November 21, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

*Sigh*
    Good call, BOMBO.

I have never shopeed on the day after Thanksgiving, and I never will.

Hi, bigwilliestyles.

November 21, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. yaddyaddyYWN

here's a tip. stay home. stop being blind consumers who obsess on material things.

November 21, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Not shopping Cyber Monday, either.

November 21, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bigwilliestyles

@ Banasy: whazzup! Still boycotting BoA and Exxon Mobil. (In my best whiny little b****h imitation): "but Bigwillie, they'll just sell their products to other companies". Yeah but they won't sell them directly to ME.

November 21, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ivy

I actually considered it because Best Buy has a $599 TV for $199. I went over there today to get more information. They will only have a few of these "door buster" items. They first people on line who want one will get a ticket to purchase that item. They have all weekend to do it. What will happen is that people who don't give a damn about spending time with their families on Thanksgiving will be in line early in the afternoon and anyone who gets there after 5:00 will have no chance whatsoever at getting that item. I'll do my shopping online.

November 21, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Thatguy371

Years ago I had a tire go out while traveling on biz over Thanksgiving weekend. And the only place I could find to get it fixed was your friends and mine the mega-low mart. So that was my first and last experience seeing first hand what Black Friday was all about. Why anyone would subject themselves to that lobotomized yellfest to save a few bucks is beyond comprehension.

November 21, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Bobbert

People are camped out in front of best buy to get the best deals and savings possible? I am concerned about safety and sanitary conditions. Police should go in with tear gas and pepper spray to remove them.

November 21, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • YouKnowBetter

HaHaHa! Awesome!

November 21, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO

I just hope no more WalMart greeters get trampled to death this year.

November 21, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |