November 21st, 2011

'Super committee' headed for failure, aides concede

Members of the congressional "super committee" - the bipartisan panel tasked with finding at least $1.2 trillion in budget savings over the next decade - will likely announce Monday that they have failed, according to both Democratic and Republican aides.

"No decisions or agreement has been reached concerning any announcement or how this will end," one senior Democratic aide said. "But, yes, the likely outcome is no agreement will be reached."

Markets dropped as news spread of the panel's apparent failure. The Dow Jones Industrial Average had declined over 300 points by noon Monday.

FULL STORY
  1. fernace

My friend says no politician should serve more than 1 term, because by then they have learned how to steal, Lol!!

November 21, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

lol @ mmmm no snails (YUK) for me thanks but u know that lemon idea of urs has been awesome! ty again 4 that. Now if i could kick pimp dummy to da curb my bp would be gr8 lol and weird thing my cholesteral isnt high they say. Prolly cuz i dont eat starchs

November 21, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. chrissy

much and when i do they are whole grains. He did say i need to gain weight, lol, guess u know what i told him right, BITE ME lmao

November 21, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

tata for now

November 21, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jj

the republicans have only had control of congress for only a year now. how is everyones woes congresses fault??? Wake up people and take care of yourself because the govt is certainly not the answer even tho 45 percent of america is on some form of assistance. ever heard the expression "give an inch take a mile"? thats the new american way!!! wee

November 21, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. chrissy

@ Jj ever heard of the Depression? We are headed back to it at warp speed so better suck it up and tighten your belt. And Congress as a whole is failing the American people, not one specific party although the Republican party are the worst party.

November 21, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. ronvan

chrissy: Have to agree. Not really a betting man, but if someone would have asked me when this "super waist" started to bet on the outcome I would have bet my shirt that they would fail! Our "elected children" have failed US, the American people and ALL of them should be thrown out and we start anew! Just how worse off could we be? Their arguments of "standards, principals, honor" are nothing more than words to them to continually treat us like blattering
    idiots, who know nothing! VOTE ALL OF THEM OUT, beginning with the 12 kids in this worthless committie. And YES, I am now in total favor of term limits, not to exeed 2!

November 21, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

The main problem on Capitol Hill is that far too many of our useless politicians are receiving too many kickbacks from all these right-wing special interest groups, chiefly the MIC(military-industrial-complex). These people care only for themselves and will stop at nothing to get reelected back into office which makes them a national disgrace!!! We really need another political party which would be free from corruption. Unfortunately, moral principles in Washington seem to have become a thing of the past!!!

November 21, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Now that was well stated. Thank you, chrissy. I couldn't have said it better!

November 21, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Eyesontheworld

They planned on it failing when they set it up. It was obvious to me when they first started talking about a "super-committee". I am not surprised at all.

November 21, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

not me @ 7:50 and 7:57 both are troll george patton

November 21, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. gung hoe

@jj even though Iam on disability Iam completely with you.The only reason why I got on it is because oboma opened up the vaults and work in mich went away under his and granholms watch.I had worked for 3 yrs disabild but i could see the work goin away so i figured if obomas people is goin to live off the government I might as well also.And like you JJ the republicans have not been in congress long enough to fix the democrats mess ups.Also JJ better be careful what you say about the dems seeing as though this is a leftist progressive site they will gang up on people who dont think like they do just the truth nothing but

November 21, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

although i do agree with him about excessive military spending. another thing, we need to STOP sending financial aid to these countries that persist in going to war constantly! Let them clean up their own messes its not our battle nor obligation!

November 21, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

so gung hoe i see you havent pondered much our conversation have you? and you want to start out on a personal note again? no one belittled you your views and YOU were the one decided 2 make it personal while attempting to take credit for others statements

November 21, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. chrissy

lmao @ mmmm so is my moms, which is why i dont eat starches much! But since this is going to be our lst holiday without him im doin my best to make her as happy as possible even if it means eating pasta lmao

November 21, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

without my dad i meant

November 21, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

Awl..,I'm sorry...we certainly do remember our love ones around the holidays...but hey it is said the greatest number of holy souls enter heaven at Christmas and Easter and I hope that you respond to these inspiration about you dad with prayer of thanks and prayers for him...now back to the topic at hand: skinny women! skinny women! cook in disappointing pots...you always have stop somewhere on the way home!

November 21, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |