NBC apologizes to Bachmann over song
U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minnesota, appeared on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on Monday.
November 24th, 2011

NBC apologizes to Bachmann over song

NBC has joined Jimmy Fallon in apologizing to Republican presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann, the network reported on its "TODAY" show Thursday.

Fallon had apologized on Twitter after Bachmann appeared Monday on his "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" show, walking on stage to the song "Lyin' Ass Bitch" by Fishbone.

"I'm honored that @michelebachmann was on our show yesterday and I'm so sorry about the intro mess. I really hope she comes back," Fallon tweeted on Tuesday.

The candidate admitted being oblivious to the slight at the time, but insisted in an interview Wednesday on Fox News that the incident amounted to "sexism."

It "wouldn't be tolerated if it was Michelle Obama and shouldn't be tolerated for a conservative woman, either," Bachmann said in calling for NBC to also apologize.

The network did so, according to the "TODAY" show report on Thanksgiving Day.

It appears the song choice was intentional. Prior to Bachmann's arrival on stage, the band's drummer, Questlove, tweeted during the show: "Aight late night walkon song devotees: you love it when we snark: this next one takes the cake. ask around cause i aint tweeting title."

On Tuesday, the Fallon show's band issued a statement saying "the performance was a tongue-in-cheek and spur-of-the-moment decision."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Politics
  1. bobcat ( in a hat )

@leeintulsa
    Yeah, that is pretty sad. I wonder how many different voices she listens to in her head.

November 24, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. leeintulsa

Lol. I don't know that there are anymore than anyone else, but mine certainly beg to differ with many of hers..

November 24, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

What? I agree.
    Huh? I disagree.
    Wait a minute, I said I agree.
    No, you didn't, you said you disagree.
    Did not!
    Did so!

My. Brain. Hurts.

November 24, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. BOMBO

Classless. The way I was brought up, we treat guests with respect. That standard should hold whether she is a guest in your house, or on a late night talk show. If you have such a low opinion of her, don't invite her on your show.

It is a good thing that these people are able to make a living in entertainment, because with their pathetic behavior they would never survive in the real world. They would either be on welfare or petty criminals.

November 24, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

Happy Thanksgiving, Bombo, or whatever they have in Canada.
    In any case, Happy __________.

November 24, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. gung hoe

Ok if you dont know my views politically your not on here much ,conservative .I got quite a chuckle out of the whole thing the look on her face was one of duuhh.I honestly could not tell what the words in the noice was saying

November 24, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. BOMBO

banasy, thanks, Happy Thanksgiving to all. We had ours last month. And now, I'm just looking forward to Christmas.

November 24, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  8. gung hoe

@bombo yep happy belated thanksgiving.Why do you celebrate a month earlier than we do? what did you land on canada rock earlier than columbus landing on plymouth rock!

November 24, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO

Just an earlier harvest. It wouldn't make much sense to have the holiday with this much snow on the ground.

November 24, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Blue Mountian

By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth.

November 24, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. gung hoe

@ bombo oh ok that makes sense. Thanks there bombo

November 24, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

pretty much, much ado about nuthin! isnt NBC part of the elite l% mainly GOP? Must be they are turnin on one of their own so it makes it doubly hilarious! And when you enter the viper pit (politics) its no holds barred! And she was fine with it @ the time

November 24, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. DinoF

NBC should fine that black band who played that song.

November 24, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

@DinoF:
    And what does the color of the band have to do with it? Oh, yeah. Nothing. Just throwing your sh1t out there for no reason.

November 24, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. noemi

I don't see why nbc ows her anything.she does lie she is stupid and if you all r not carefull she just might put a spell on u.after all didn't she claim to b abitc: or I mean a WITCH.ha ha ha ha. The song fit get over it the shoe fits ppl.

November 25, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |