NBC apologizes to Bachmann over song
U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minnesota, appeared on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on Monday.
November 24th, 2011

NBC apologizes to Bachmann over song

NBC has joined Jimmy Fallon in apologizing to Republican presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann, the network reported on its "TODAY" show Thursday.

Fallon had apologized on Twitter after Bachmann appeared Monday on his "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" show, walking on stage to the song "Lyin' Ass Bitch" by Fishbone.

"I'm honored that @michelebachmann was on our show yesterday and I'm so sorry about the intro mess. I really hope she comes back," Fallon tweeted on Tuesday.

The candidate admitted being oblivious to the slight at the time, but insisted in an interview Wednesday on Fox News that the incident amounted to "sexism."

It "wouldn't be tolerated if it was Michelle Obama and shouldn't be tolerated for a conservative woman, either," Bachmann said in calling for NBC to also apologize.

The network did so, according to the "TODAY" show report on Thanksgiving Day.

It appears the song choice was intentional. Prior to Bachmann's arrival on stage, the band's drummer, Questlove, tweeted during the show: "Aight late night walkon song devotees: you love it when we snark: this next one takes the cake. ask around cause i aint tweeting title."

On Tuesday, the Fallon show's band issued a statement saying "the performance was a tongue-in-cheek and spur-of-the-moment decision."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Politics
  1. just eye

Screw her, freedom of speech and expression... I think people need to lighten up now a days.

November 24, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. Blue Mountian

That's nothing! The worst thing you can do to a women IS, interrupt her while she's having s e x. Ouch!

November 24, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. Snarky1

Yeah, Blue Mountain, just close the door and let her finish her solo activity...

November 24, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  4. MT

Fallon needs a new band. The Roots need a new drummer. Questlove the Hater needs to find a new job.

November 24, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  5. Blue Mountian

The human mind IS the last frontier, HANDS DOWN!

November 24, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. Snarky1

There are some minds people should not ever enter...

November 24, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  7. Blue Mountian

I for one would like that one to hear what I ACTUALLY said, but to my dismay... that will never happen.
    Last point I'm making on the subject, good day.

November 24, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  8. Bull Halsey

there would be Hell to pay if that had happened to Liberal Democrat. The Liberal Media would be demanding that Fallon be fired from the show.

November 24, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  9. leeintulsa

S e xism.. More like poor taste.. She can boycot nbc, maybe get others to. I've said some stuff about her. No apologies.

You apologize if u do something wrong. Having an opinion is not wrong.

November 24, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Do I think JF playing this song was wrong?
    Do I think it's hilarious?
    Would I have LMAO if it *were* Michelle Obama on that stage?

@just eye:
    I agree.
    Much ado about nothing.

@Blue Mountain:
    Sorry, having difficulty following your posts...

@Bull Halsey:
    Hey! Where ya been?
    And I think you're wrong about the liberal media...they have a sense of humor. 😉

November 24, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Happy Thanksgiving, leeintulsa.
    We keep missing each other,

November 24, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  12. leeintulsa

Happy thanksgiving, b. And all 🙂

November 24, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  13. Bull Halsey

@banasy: Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

November 24, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

@Bull Halsey:
    And Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

November 24, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat ( in a hat )

Inappropriate ? Yes. But I stillI think it was pretty dang funny. If the woman would try telling the whole truth instead of trying to spin things, she wouldn't set herself up for it.
    Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone.

November 24, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

Sad thing is, her opinions *are* truths to her. What path can lead someone to be like she is? American tragedy..

November 24, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |