November 27th, 2011

L.A. mayor: Occupy park to be closed

Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa announced Sunday that City Hall Park, where Occupy L.A. protesters have camped for almost 60 days, will close at 12:01 a.m. (3:01 a.m. ET) Monday.

Post by:
Filed under: Occupy Wall Street
  1. Marisa

It can't close if no one leaves!

November 27, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. S_Rhoades

Now this is progress. Now if every other city in America would do the same, that would be awesome.

November 27, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Marla Louise

I always wonder as to what is going on, what phone calls have been made and by whom, what pressures have been applied, in actions like this.

November 27, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Radar

Never give up go ows!!!!!

November 27, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Radar

Send them to the city of bell where that lard but stole all that money with his cohorts

November 27, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Frank ( R - OHIO ) "Яight Wing Иutcase"

Worry about your all female bi bath house, before you blow a fuse.

November 27, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Zach

these occupiers are the 99% because they worry about NONSENSE and don't work maybe if they really got out and got a job and didn't complain about nothing we wouldn't have this problem...the rest of american officials should follow the mayor of LA and get these idiots off of the streets...#1%SWAG

November 27, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

@Jeff Frank:
    That cracked me up.
    That surely did.

November 27, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

Time for me to Occupy Bed.

November 28, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  9. NO NEED TO BOTHER OCCUPY CATCH A REAL CRIMINAL

VOICES FOR AMERICAN FREEDOM SPEAK UP NOW

November 28, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  10. Teddy

Home Land Security ORDERED the Mayor to shutdown OccupyLA.

November 28, 2011 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  11. Anon

I like how america is doing this in a peaceful way instead of killing each other............

November 28, 2011 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  12. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Think what would happen if 99% of New York, New York residents truly joined the protesters and moved into Central Park–they wouldn't fit into Zuccotti Park–giving up the jobs, homes, everything that makes commerce function.
    The 1% would not function.
    Why don't the 99% do that?
    What?
    The protesters are just the representatives of the 99%? Like, senators, man?
    Oh.
    I think that ALL of the 99% should be in Central Park.
    Occupy Grant Park in Chicago with 99% of Chicago.
    Yeah, man.
    OCCUPY CENTRAL PARK!
    OCCUPY GRANT PARK!
    FILL THEM UP!
    You can do it.
    You're 99% of the world!

November 28, 2011 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  13. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

My post should have read, "...giving up the jobs, homes, and everything else..."
    I complain about poor grammar here, so I have to practice what I preach.
    I apologize for my offensive use of our language.

November 28, 2011 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  14. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I'm going to stop saying, "get a job."
    That leaves me open to the erected-barrier reply, "there aren't any jobs–what you don't understand is that there AREN'T any jobs."
    Then, if there aren't any jobs. MAKE A JOB!
    I made mine.
    You go make yourself a job.

November 28, 2011 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |