November 30th, 2011

Britain evacuates all embassy staff from Iran

Britain has closed its embassy in Iran and evacuated all its staff from that country following the attack on the British embassy in Tehran Tuesday, British Foreign Secretary William Hague said Wednesday.

Iran has also been ordered to close its embassy in London, with its staff given 48 hours to leave, Hague said in a strongly worded statement to the U.K. Parliament.

Protesters stormed Britain's embassy and a separate compound Tuesday in Iran's capital, sparking outrage in the United Kingdom.

"This is a breach of international responsibilities of which any nation should be ashamed," Hague said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Iran • United Kingdom
  1. gung hoe

@banasy good points you made about tribes .I dont think that I couldve done better myself

November 30, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  2. The Thing From Uranus

I for one am glad that Iranian students have attacked the British embassy, because they were ordered to leave and they haven't done it yet. But I am also annoyed that the British have dared to insult Iran by evacuating the embassy.

November 30, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Gravity7

Reblogged this on Gravity7.

November 30, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Are you happy, you mindless little troll? How many others are you going to chase away?

Bc(iah) sorry...that little pos is just an absolute dick! I agree totally with your decision.

@gung hoe:
    Thank you.

November 30, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat ( in a hat )

@banasy
    It's really too bad that CNN won't do somerthing to handle these trolls. Thr Report abuse button might as well say, C'mon trolls post all you nasty stuff but the sensible posters we'll delete.
    You'll know where to find me banasy.

November 30, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  6. George Patton

I for one am glad that Iranian students have attacked the British embassy, because they were ordered to leave and they haven’t done it yet. But I am also annoyed that the British have dared to insult Iran by evacuating the embassy. If this seems contradictory, it is because I am an absolute moron. Feel free to attack me because I deserve it. The stupidest comments on this thread are mine, posing as other people.

November 30, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Marine5484

I for one am glad that Iranian students have attacked the British embassy, because they were ordered to leave and they haven’t done it yet. But I am also annoyed that the British have dared to insult Iran by evacuating the embassy. If this seems contradictory, it is because I am an absolute moron. Feel free to attack me because I deserve it. The stupidest comments on this thread are mine, posing as other people!!!

November 30, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

@bc(iah)
    I hope to find you here, under another name.
    Hey, why don't you start posting as gp?
    Maybe gp(iah)

November 30, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Bc(iah):
    I'm going to start posting as gp. Join me? People who know us will know the dif.

November 30, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat ( in a hat )

@banasy
    I'm with you all the way.

November 30, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  11. George Patton

@George Patton:
    Cool.

November 30, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. gp(iah)

It truly amazes me how some people think they can run friends away from friends. Only those of us who know can see the false writings of others. They always give themselves away. Don't you agree other GP imposter ?

November 30, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. saywhat

Meir Dagan the ex-Mossad chief has again publicly warned the far-far right nut cases in power in Tel Aviv gainst attacking Iran & the consequences of this folly.There are many senior Israeli militaryleaders & public intellectuals, academics & patriotic groups who share his views.
    He spoke out publicly despite a restrictions imposed by he regime on him for expressing himself believing ( assuming)that in a 'democracy' he has the right to do so for the sake of his country.
    Unfortunately we have our own nut cases with dual loyalty up on the Hil who would rather go the way ofinsanity against American interests.l

November 30, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  14. George©

@gp(iah)
    Oh, yes, I do. Do you think the right-wing thugs in Washington would agree?

November 30, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. George Patton

Though it's really not my style to rant about the right-wing thugs in Washington, I will make an exception here.
    The right-wing thugs in Washington would have no choice but to agree. If they din't, they would be accused of deffering to the left. Wouldn't you agree George ?

November 30, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |