December 1st, 2011

Companion's Aruba disappearance 'will weigh heavily on me,' man says

An American man who was held in Aruba for nearly four months in connection with the disappearance of his traveling companion insisted Thursday he had nothing to do with her vanishing, but said it will "weigh heavily on me for a very long time."

"I feel as if a person I cared about, a companion ... has disappeared on my watch," Gary Giordano said on ABC's "Good Morning America" in his first interview since being released from custody in Aruba earlier this week.

Giordano, 50, had been held in the disappearance of Robyn Gardner of Maryland, who was last seen August 2. Giordano told authorities the two were snorkeling when he signaled to Gardner to swim back. When he reached the beach, he told police, Gardner was nowhere to be found and has not been seen since.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Aruba
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Who can prove that Giordano's account is not exactly what happened?

December 1, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

Obviously, nobody, because they're letting him go.

He should have used some of that vacation money to pay a visit to the Hair Club for Men.

December 1, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. Limbs

Wow the aruba triangle

December 1, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  4. BOMBO

He should do like OJ, and search for the REAL killer. Like OJ, he should search every golf course in California and Florida until the REAL killer is found.

Also like OJ, he should deal drugs to make money, and try to sell memorabilia under the table through some shady characters, then confront the same shady characters in Vegas when they fail to pay him from those sales. If he isn't pointing a gun at anyone, he should get away with it, even if he's on tape ordering his buddies to bring guns. Right?

December 1, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@Limbs: lol
    @BOMBO:
    He should still get rid of that pelt on his head first...

December 1, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat ( in a hat )

And don't forget the book explaining If I did it.

December 1, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. hope

Maybe a shark (dare I say it) ...

December 1, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. JudgeandJury

OJ has a new golfing buddy. WOW. It looks so easy to get away with murder, all around the world.

December 1, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Nancy Grace

The lack of evidence proves that he did it. Case Closed.

December 1, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. BoFo

Quite candidly, neither one of these people comes across looking like a model citizen.

December 1, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Chelsea

Weighs heavily on his mind? Huh! Giordano, heavy enough to take you to the bottom of the ocean maybe? You need to be sharkbait! Explain the life insurance! You should forfeit it to her family, it would go along way in making you look less guilty!

December 2, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  12. red bottom

I have been browsing on-line more than 3 hours today, yet I by no means found any fascinating article like yours. Itˇs beautiful value enough for me. In my view, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the internet will likely be a lot more useful than ever before. red bottom

August 17, 2012 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |