December 2nd, 2011

7 Afghan militants killed in cross-border skirmish

Seven Afghan militants were killed and five Pakistani security forces injured in a cross-border skirmish Friday, officials said.

It was the latest in a series of recent cross-border assaults from Afghanistan's Pech Valley and the provinces of Kunar and Nuristan, all areas from which U.S. troops began pulling out earlier this year as part of a strategy designed to bolster security in more populated areas of Afghanistan.

The five injured Pakistani security personnel were airlifted by military helicopters to a base in northwest Pakistan, Col. Nasir Jadoon, commander of a border security force in Chitral, Pakistan, said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Afghanistan • Pakistan
  1. Streetsoldier

Its perfect now they are fighting there own war for once.

December 2, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT

No they're not, Streetsoldier, they're fighting ours for a profit, the creeps!!!

December 2, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  2. RUFFNUTT

Another field day for the right-wing thugs in Washington! Despite our deterioting relations with Pakistan, the right-wing thugs managed to pay these bozoes off to go to Afghanistan to assisist in their killing! This is disgusting!!!

December 2, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • RUFFNUTT ( ELF slayer & BUGBEAR KILLER )

omg fakey... you been posting the same "right-wing thugs" stuff for over a year now...
      just choke on a dick and die already...

December 3, 2011 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  3. Slingy

Its actually a war of hashish heroin virgins

December 2, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  4. Slingy

Quit fighting children, theres plenty of hash for every body ,

December 2, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  5. George Patton

RUFFNUTT, your posts are boring.

December 2, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. George Patton

It is time that we used all of the force at our disposal to deal with these threats to American security. Hit them with everything we have and that will be the end of it. God bless America.

December 2, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

Here goes another Tea Partying nitwit trolling me here, trying to make me look stupid. I'm beginning to like the way that I seem to getting to these ignoramuses. Of I never posted the above!!!

December 2, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

I think everyone knows who the real George Patton is. George Patton liberated Italy from the fascists and stands for everything that makes America great. The liberal troll who steals my name stands while sitting in his cheap drug addict mother's basement, collecting welfare cheques and lazing on the internet all day and steals other people's screen names – that troll stands for the destruction of American values. America may have regressed in recent years, but I think Americans are still smart enough to believe in the real George Patton.

December 2, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  7. BOMBO

He may be harsh, but I agree with GP at 10:24.

December 2, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO

And I agree with George Patton@ 11:03. These idiotic wars in both Afghanistan and Pakistan have absolutely nothing to do with our national security nor with any of our rights or freedoms! When will people realize this simple fact???

December 2, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO

Not me at 11:10. I agree with the REAL George Patton – the General, not the internet communist.

December 2, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mary, Mary (Quite Contrary)

I agree with GP@10:24 also.

December 2, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mary, Mary (Quite Contrary)

Fake George Patton@11:03:
    Your posts are boring.

Fake BOMBO@ 11:10:
    Your posts are boring.

December 2, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  10. the real fake azz s kel

George Patton was a 3rd Army primma donna.

December 3, 2011 at 4:31 am | Report abuse |
  11. the real fake azz s kel

And theres NOTHING wrong with being LIBERAL at times. It relives you from getting stale from being a conservative.

December 3, 2011 at 4:35 am | Report abuse |
  12. whatsupwitdis

We need to let BOTH Pakistan and Afghanistan take care of their own problems; just as they have for centuries thru endless tribal and religious infighting. We can't keep helping little old ladies across the street even if they don't want to go...like some misguided boy scout! Let them do their thing and when and if they pose a genuine threat to our country, THEN we go get 'em with whatever it takes ...but never our boots on the ground! Same for the other islamist venues in the middle east!

December 3, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  13. Jazmine Achterhof

Hey! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My blog discusses a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you happen to be interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Terrific blog by the way!

January 5, 2012 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. successful social media campaigns

It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd most certainly donate to this fantastic blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will share this website with my Facebook group. Talk soon!

January 20, 2012 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |