Hospitalized Billy Graham continues to show improvement
Billy Graham speaks in 2005 during his Crusade at Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens, New York.
December 4th, 2011

Hospitalized Billy Graham continues to show improvement

Evangelist Billy Graham is showing signs of improvement as he continues to recover from pneumonia in a North Carolina hospital, a spokeswoman for Asheville's Mission Hospital said Sunday.

The 93-year-old Graham was admitted to the hospital Wednesday in stable condition.

"Doctors are encouraged by Mr. Graham's significant clinical progress, but have not yet set a date for discharge," hospital spokeswoman Merrell Gregory said in a statement.

Gregory also reported progress in Graham's physical therapy, saying he is "walking more in the private corridor outside his room."

Graham was visited over the weekend by his family, according to Gregory. He also watched on television his pastor deliver his regular Sunday sermon, she said.

This is Graham's second bout with pneumonia this year. He was previously hospitalized for the infection in May.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Billy Graham • Christian • North Carolina • Religion
  1. lurex

would we have had ta draft in gays, too? Oh yeah, there already there, aren't they?

December 5, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. shiska

What is this...beat up on old men day? He was doing what he thought was right at the time...and their asses would have drafed regardless...so please stop acting if the man was being as big of a jack ass as you are right now for denigrating him while he's down.
    God has a special place for hypocritical malcontent big-mouths like you, and it isn't heaven. Go study your 'Bible' some more to see if you can come up with other ways of being a dick and finding justification for it. Or better yet, find the nearest limb and hang yourself, you freaking little anti-american Judas Iscariot! I'll even give you thirty pieces of silver!

December 5, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
    • buoom shiska boom

Yes, December 5th is Beat Up On Old Men Day!
      BUOOM Day only comes once a year!

December 5, 2011 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  3. no doubt

No doubt American Muslims are taught that if they join an army led by a christian that if they die invading a Muslim nation they go to heaven. Maybe they only get one old hag instead of the 72 virgins, but I doubt they are taught that they goto hell for fighting on the christian side.

December 5, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  4. lurex

I doubt if anyone is taught they will go to hell if they don't fight...that kinda sounds like a bunch of made-up crap from someone who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. Leave the old man alone. He's a better man than the people talking bs here. He'll get to heaven, and no enticement of "virgins" are needed. How like someone to have to go out of their way to find something wrong with a person, just because that person is well-beloved. Too bad, so sad, it ain't you, no doubt.

December 5, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. no doubt

Get a clue. American christians are taught that God is with the US and Israel, and that if they die fighting for God&Country they go to heaven. Have you never been to church?

December 5, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  6. lurex

I go to church on a regular basis and I have never, EVER been preached that. Ever. I don't know what church you go to, but my church has never said that. What the hell kind of church do YOU go to?

December 5, 2011 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. yeah, right

The phrase that will tell a person that what they're about to hear is complete and utter bullsh!t: "Get A Clue".

December 5, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
    • ......

says the clueless troll

December 5, 2011 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
    • PeeMan

You would know all about trolling, wouldn't you? your name is .....

December 5, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. .....

The clueless troll that just posted at 1:48.

December 5, 2011 at 1:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. .....

Mark it on your calendar for all to see! December 5th is be a total dick day!

December 5, 2011 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
    • and

I see you've started without us again!

December 5, 2011 at 4:43 am | Report abuse |
    • PeeMan

Awwww, I'm sorry, I knew you wanted to be first!

December 5, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jenny

837-5309

December 5, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  11. Pearl

Isn't giving out your number online like that saying "I'm easy" ? Just sayin Jenny

December 5, 2011 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
  12. Tommy Tutone

Pearl, it's a song.
    Somebody has a sense of humor.

"Jenny, I got your number,
    I've got to make you mine
    Jenny, I've got your number
    8-6-7-5-3-0-9"

December 5, 2011 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  13. Pearl

@ Tommy, thanks my brain doesn't work before 7 am.
    Like your name... 🙂

December 5, 2011 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  14. Tommy Tutone

Well, Pearl, I like your name, too. Classic beauty. Can't take much credit for the name: it"s the name of the band that sang "Jenny". One hit wonder in the 80's.

December 5, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |