Gotta Watch: Craziness on the highway
Several supercars were involved in a 14-vehicle pile up along a stretch of the Chugoku highway in western Japan.
December 5th, 2011
11:39 AM ET

Gotta Watch: Craziness on the highway

In what may be one of the most expensive car wrecks in history, 14 high-end luxury cars were demolished in a highway pileup in Japan this weekend. The totaled supercars included eight Ferraris, three Mercedes-Benz cars and a Lamborghini. Today, we decided to take a look back at some of the craziest highway moments.

Multi-million dollar wreck – A group of luxury car enthusiasts were driving on Chugoku Expressway in southwestern Japan when witnesses say one driver skidded out of control and started a chain-reaction crash. Several drivers were hospitalized but no one was seriously injured.
[cnn-video url=]

The road to wealth – An armored truck near Detroit “accidentally” dumped loads of cash onto I-75. Motorists didn’t get a chance to collect much of the flying loot as workers quickly began gathering the monetary precipitation.
[cnn-video url=""%5D

Traveling circus – A runaway zebra made its way onto Atlanta's Downtown Connector before being captured by police and returned to the nearby circus.
[cnn-video url=""%5D

Goo traps motorists – A leaking tanker truck spilled roofing asphalt over a nearly 40-mile stretch of the Pennsylvania Turnpike. The sticky substance ended up damaging hundreds of cars and delaying holiday travel for many.
[cnn-video url=""%5D

Post by:
Filed under: Animals • Auto racing • Automobiles • Georgia • Gotta Watch • Japan • Michigan • Pennsylvania • Race • Thanksgiving • Transportation • Travel • U.S. • Uncategorized
soundoff (74 Responses)
  1. banasy©

    Joey@ 1:01 and 1:05:
    Your posts are boring.

    December 5, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dr. Draw

    Nope, Asians can't drive.

    December 5, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  3. sao


    December 5, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • ND Girl

      Yeah, because we all don't have insurance!!! You sound silly!!!

      December 5, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. nissrro

    Americans and their stupid sad

    December 5, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • ND Girl

      I like your generalizations of Americans!!!! You just made a stereotype yourself!!!! DUH BOZO!!!!

      December 5, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • 2EL8

      Silly nissrro’s stupid stereotypes about Americans. So embarrassed for you.

      December 5, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jason Danger Storm

    Somehow I feel like I'm going to Political Correctness hell for laughing at that. But, in my defense, my Korean Counterpart (aka Asian Jason) and I are always throwing jokes like this back and forth! lol

    December 5, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott S.

      Nah. I think most of us thought the same thing to ourselves.

      December 5, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. nissrro

    Dr. Draw dont hate because you drive a chevy aveo

    December 5, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • ND Girl

      How can he hate on a crashed sports car!!!!!!!! If the sport car is not crashed, then yes, he is being a hater. The sports car is crashed!!!! So no, he is not being hater!!!

      December 5, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. NorCalMojo

    I don't know whether to laugh or cry. What a waste.

    I think I'll laugh.

    December 5, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jim


    December 5, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. random person

    Asian kid with a rich dad, you made my day

    December 5, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Harleyxx

    I think this finally proves that Asians are the worst drivers.

    December 5, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. whatever

    bad day for insurance companies!!

    December 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tenguys

    So, is it safe to assume none of these people read the highway code on a safe following distance?

    December 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. 256 Colors

    Oh no! I crash Ferrawi. Most dishonorable – must commit Seppuku!

    December 5, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  14. shoyu 'nuff

    Initial reaction upon reading headline - just great, the 1% goes out and makes an expensive mess, and the insurance companies will raise the rates of the rest of us 99% to pay for it.

    After seeing that this happened in Asia - bwaahaahaahaaa!!!!!!!!

    December 5, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. mit

    Now they all hate that one guy who lost control.

    December 5, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Insensitive

      Well, they would. But since they all look alike, they can't tell who it was.

      December 5, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
1 2 3 4