December 6th, 2011

7-year-old Georgia girl died of head trauma, stabbing, investigators say

A 7-year-old girl whose body was found in a trash bin outside her Georgia apartment building died of blunt force trauma to the head, was stabbed and had been sexually assaulted, authorities said Tuesday.

The killer probably lives in the apartment complex where the child lived or had ready access to it, said Vernon Keenan, director of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

"We have multiple leads we feel are valuable and we're going to carry those out," he said.

Sixty-five state and federal investigators are trying to piece together the events that led to the killing of Jorelys Rivera at an apartment complex in Canton, about 40 miles north of Atlanta, where the girl was found three days after she went missing.

Keenan said investigators uncovered what they believe is blood in a vacant apartment unit. They do not currently have any suspects in custody, he said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Georgia • Missing Children
  1. chrissy

Thank you Ms. Saidi

December 6, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. gung hoe

If cnn cant ban this idiot using foul language then why do we have to have a e mail?

December 6, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tcr c2

Its a shame that a blog like thishas to be used for such childish rubish im new to this blogging and im about ready to stop permanantly thjs little girl must have suffered horribly my heart goes out to her and her family

December 6, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ronvan

And of course when this deranged animal is caught there will be the insanity pleas, didn't take their meds., etc.. And I don't give a darn! Children are sacred, at the beginning of their life, ANYONE who does these things FORFITS their right to live!!

December 6, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. gung hoe

Hi chrissie ya talk to donna,ya know its a idiot like that fool that will do a crime like this

December 6, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Sovereign Copyright

Oh my God, how could someone do this to a child?
    She was rayped and beaten to death?
    Dear God, why? Just why?

I will light a candle for you, little one.

December 6, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

yea i know gung hoe, at least if hes not punished sufficiantly on earth we have faith punishment will come from above, right? Just hope no other children suffer at the hands of this maniac before hes caught!

December 6, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

@ gung hoe i wanted you to know im loyal to my friends thats why i wanted u to text banasy. 🙂

December 6, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. hamsta

has anyone thought this might be child services fault?where was child services when the columbine massacre happened?answer-force feeding the kid zoloft an antidepressant used to treat adhd.when the kid told his psychiatrist he was having homicidal thoughts they force fed him twice the dosage.child services blames marilyn manson gothic kids bullies and gangs.child services took my friends child away cuz of a fight with the neighbors kid over a broken toy.3 years later the foster parent sold his child to a pimp.are u so sure u want michelle obama in ur fridge?might be ur child next over a jello pudding pop.

December 6, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jack the ripper

No its kellys ex that is gay , or is assumed so any how i wouldnt believe it any way he lives close to us in nor cal

December 6, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. gung hoe

@saidi why cant you get that weirdos e mail and ban him from here if you really do work for cnn!!

December 6, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joseph McCarthy

I just wish that these idiots would just stop using that Tea Party lingo on this web page. It has absolutely no place here!

December 6, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

gung hoe, dont question nicoles working for cnn, she already deleted the deflamatory posts directed at you! And trust me they werent pretty. Progress sometimes is slow so be patient.

December 6, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

What really burns me up here is that CNN kicked George Patton's statement off of this web page because it wasn't politicallt correct but yet let all these foul speaking idiots get away with their mumbo-jumbo, foul language and all!!!

December 6, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Sorry folks for the missprint above. I meant to print "politically", not "politicallt".

December 6, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO

I personally only have one problem with George, and that is his habit of stealing other people's names. As long as he doesn't do that, I don't care if he agrees with me or not. Let him speak.

December 6, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jaded

I purposely didn't read the article cause I knew it would be discusting; but scolled passed Sovereign Copyrights' post and could miss it!
    I can't take this crap anymore! I'm hearing too many horror stories of children being mamed in so many ways, I can't just spout my mouth off; I have to get involved in some way to protect the ones I can.

Kiss little angel ;(