December 8th, 2011

American woman missing in Japan threatened suicide, husband says

The husband of an American woman, who has been missing for six weeks in Japan, said Thursday that she had threatened to kill herself the night she disappeared after the two argued.

Vince Abad, an airman at a major U.S. Air Force facility in Japan, said he and his wife, Kelli, had fought over the phone on the night of October 26 after he had gone to see their pastor, who had helped resolve disputes between them in the past.

When he returned home, his wife was gone and their two children were in bed.

"We'd had arguments before - it didn't feel too out of place," Abad, 30, said. He said he assumed she had gone to stay with a friend.

But when Kelli Abad, 27, didn't come back by the following morning, he became concerned and raised the alarm.

Two days later, the wife's car, a Toyota SUV, was found at Cape Zanpa on the island of Okinawa, about 10 miles from the base, with her cell phone and purse inside.

Also inside the car was a note, Abad said, that read, "Love my kids, love my hubby and parents. Bye."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: U.S. • World
  1. chrissy

Im sorry you are suffering DRAK, just know there are people out here who care. And you have your wonderful son who loves you and needs you. Without you in his life he would be lost and alone. And one day you will meet another perfect someone just for you!

December 8, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

Trust me my dear friend i very much know how you feel! Being stuck in an unbearable situation is no picnic! Ive been stuck in mine for some time but i have faith i will get out eventually. Meanwhile i just think of my kids and that keeps me going!

December 8, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. THE ONE AND ONLY DRAKOREX1

THATS SO RIGHT IN ,SO MANY WAYS.MY BOY WOULD BE ALL ALONE.WHAT IS IRONIC IS HE IS PRETTY MUCH RELIVING MY LIKE ALMOST TO A( T) ,WITH A FEW VERIATIONS,AND IT HURTS TO SEE HIM SUFFER.

December 8, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

i dont do this ever but since this isnt my main phone im gonna give u my number and u can text me anytime youre feeling you cant take it anymore ok? 3136417986

December 8, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

and hopefully cnn will delete that post soon so hurry and write it down ok

December 8, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. THE ONE AND ONLY DRAKOREX1

ITS GOOD TO TALK SOME ONE WHO FEELS THE SAME.PEOPLE LAUGH WHEN I SAY I WANT TO LEAVE, BECAUSE ,SO MANY WOULD BE HAPPY WITH MY LIFE. SOME PEOPLE ARE EASILY AMUSED, I LACK MYSTERY AND ADVENTURE.

December 8, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

i understand and you can text me whenever you want. its a minute phone but i always keep minutes on it.

December 8, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. THE ONE AND ONLY DRAKOREX1

I SENT A TEXT AND MY PHOTO TO KEEP THE MICE AWAY:)

December 8, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

RE SUICIDE:
    It's always irrational because suicide eliminates the possibility that things might get better.

December 8, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |