December 9th, 2011

Friday's live events

The 2012 presidential election may be months away, but that doesn't mean CNN.com Live is resting on its laurels.  We are your home for all the latest news from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

11:35 am ET - Romney's Iowa town hall - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney talks jobs and the economy at a town hall-style meeting in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

1:30 pm ET - White House briefing - The payroll tax cut extension debate and the eurozone crisis are expected to top Jay Carney's agenda with the White House press corps.

2:00 pm ET - Ron Paul town hall - GOP presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul is looking for a boost in the polls as he hosts a town hall-style meeting in Mason City, Iowa.

7:00 pm ET - Santorum endorsement announcement - GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum is expected to announce what's being called a "major" endorsement in Johnston, Iowa.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Politics
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

All of the Republican candidates are announcing stuff, I'm a Republican philosophically, and there is not one of them for whom I would vote.
    A hint to my party: it is 2011.

December 9, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  2. Portland tony

The only way the the Republicans could improve the quality of their group of potential Presidential nominees is to add Vladimir Putin to their list. I'd love to see him go mano y mano with the "Donald".

December 9, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Putin!
    Bravo, tony.

December 9, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  4. Bugs Ear

Putin IS an odd charater, that is for sure

December 9, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  5. saywhat

Very few of us realize that this sorry lot of hopefuls, with the exception of Ron Paul have been pandering to foreign lobbies through out their political careers. And thats how they survive.

December 9, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Indy Pen Dent

The only non-candidate I would vote for, (of course, if he would throw is name into the mix) is my favorite Independent – Jesse Ventura !! He was GREAT as Governor of Minnesota and he'd be GREAT as Commander in Chief !! Let's not forget, former Governor Ventura was a decorated US Navy Seal during the Vietnam era.

December 9, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

To name some of these lobbies, AIPAC,ADL, Heritage Foundation, Hudson Inst, American Jewish Conference, The Zionist Org of America, Israel Policy Forum and more.

December 9, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

When these candidates speak they sopeak directly to these interests not the American public.
    Yes Sir, there are that many of these influences circling our policy makers in Washington making them do thier bidding. American interests take a back seat.
    And we have let this happen.

December 9, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. saywhat

And you still wonder why we find ourselves in a mess today in terms of our foreign policy failures, global standing, credibility & influence.

December 9, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. saywhat

The likes of Newt gingrich, Bachmann & this mind set is detrimental to America & American interests.

December 9, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. saywhat

Sorry I have to say my say in piece meal as the whole post wouldn't go thru. I still have to leave some information out.

December 9, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

@Indy:
    Yes, but would he expose all of the nefarious going-ons as conspiracy theories?

December 9, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

@saywhat:
    Does CNN now limit the number of characters per post?
    They sure don't when Andre Hines posts.

December 9, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  14. saywhat

I don't know @ banasy. It happens with my posts. Perhaps CNN is offended at why I have to say such a lot. How are you doing?

December 9, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. saywhat

If it ever came to be between Gingrich & Ventura, I would vote for Ventura without batting an eye.

December 9, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |