December 14th, 2011

Alleged cyberplot points to Venezuela, Iran, documentary says

It's the type of plot that defense hawks in the United States warn about: a potential cyberattack against the U.S. government orchestrated by none other than Venezuela, Iran and Cuba, with the help of a group of Mexican leftists.

The U.S.-based Spanish-language network Univision recently aired an investigative documentary alleging that Venezuelan and Iranian diplomats were interested in an offer from a group of Mexican hackers to infiltrate the websites of the White House, FBI, Pentagon and U.S. nuclear sites.

But the hackers were university students recruited to do the dirty work who decided instead to document the evidence to disrupt the plot, the documentary reported.

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has called the report "lies." And one of the Iranian diplomats told Univision he indeed was presented with a hacking plot by the Mexican group but turned it down in part because he thought they were CIA agents.

The evidence that the plot was real, according to Univision, are secret recordings with diplomats who ask questions about what the hackers can do and promise to send information to their governments.

The United States said it did not know about the alleged plot but that it found the Univision allegations "very disturbing."

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Cuba • Iran • Venezuela
  1. kyle

Well I take back any attempt at being civil then. Of course I am not trying to be mean to someone whose wife was just murdered (how would I know?) Grow up, have a nice night.

December 15, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

I'm not trying to be rude either, but perhaps it is better to be quiet about something until you know a situation.
    Grow up your self, and have fun gaming.

December 15, 2011 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
  3. kyle

I'm not sure how this murdered wife thing even got thrown at me. Whoever the husband is I am certainly sorry for your loss and did not mean to offend but perhaps your friends should express their condolences in a more private and perhaps more personal and meaningful channels to avoid this kind of misunderstanding. That is all I wanted to add.

December 15, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

Ya know sometimes its better to keep your mouth shut and look like a fool than to open it and REMOVE all doubt! You were doing ok Kyle til that last comment!

December 15, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

And as for clearminds wife, she was a regular blogger here and we all loved her dearly and clearmind started blogging as a healing thing. Sometimes its just as easy to be respectful than to be mean. Try it you just might have fun AND make friends!

December 15, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. No offense

But he does have a point. Sorry for your lose as well 🙂

December 15, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  7. kyle

It posted that last too early by accident. I also was going to give a little apology to banasy, for what its worth, because I thought it was crissy posting at me again which puts his/her post in a whole new context. I would delete it and repost if I could. I am on my phone which doesn't display everything in the easiest to read (or type) format. Your subtle jabs at gamers and me as a gamer speaks volumes.

December 15, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

We all have points which is the whole object of blogging! And one can never have too many friends even if they are blogging friends. Im not opposed to being his friend. Kyle...Whats your favorite game? Whats your favorite sport?

December 15, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

I have absolutely nothing against gamers at all! I used to work in an electronics manufacturing plant and we built Atari games. Not sure if you remember them but they were my passion! I know they are archaic now but i still luv em!

December 15, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Kyle:
    Gamers are just ducky in my book, if you thought I meant any disrespect by it, I'm sorry.
    Please don't read anything more into my posts; I won't with yours, either.

I seem to be getting on everyone's nerves, including myself...so I'm going to get some sleep.

Goodnight, kyle and chrissy.
    Peace.

December 15, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  11. F1

To catch a criminal! A good way to catch these people is to give them a way into these systems and tha sting them, our government is good at that they do it all the time, set it up and than bust all of them. But the government has to work it into the budget, damm it i forgot ,what budget in was emptied out last couple years by the rich!!!

December 15, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

good nite banasy, it will be ok, full moons dont last long! 🙂 pleasant dreams!

December 15, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  13. kyle788

Very well we shall all let bygones be bygones then. Gnite bud, sleep well and happy blogging tomorrow! Well chrissy I have already helped derail this post so I suppose a little more won't hurt 😉 I've mostly been a pc gamer but have owned nintendos up to the wii as well as an xbox and ps2. Unfortunately college is very lame because it really cuts into my game time and disposable income 🙁 I like most game types even though I'm not very good at most of them haha. Mostly play strategy games and old rpg's (I am oldschool and think voice acting kind of ruins the magic) but a nice violent, not necessarily bloody though (gross) shooter can really relieve some stress!

December 15, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  14. kyle788

Atari was slightly before my time but not much more, I started when the first nintendo came out 🙂

December 15, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

lol kyle i kinda thought it mighta been b4 ur time but its all good! space invaders was my fave although frogger was kinda fun too. You can still get the systems tho. My kids have the newer ones and theyve been attempting to teach me.

December 15, 2011 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |