December 14th, 2011

'The Artist,' 'The Help' lead SAG Award nominations

"The Artist" and "The Help" lead with three Screen Actors Guild Awards nominations each as Hollywood's movie awards season revved up Wednesday.

"The Artist," a French movie about the silent film era, is competing for best movie, while Jean Dujardin was nominated for best actor and Berenice Bejo for best supporting actor.

The other best movie competitors include "The Descendants," "Bridesmaids" and "Midnight in Paris."

"The Descendants" also garnered a best actor nomination for George Clooney.

The 18th annual SAG Awards show will be televised live from Los Angeles January 29.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Clen

Nothing against the article, but I disagree with a couple of points to some extenct. I'm probably a minority though, lol. Thanks for sharing it on news.blogs.cnn.com .

December 14, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bigwilliestyles

No description for 'The Help'? Here, let me 'Help' you out: "The Help is a feel good movie for white people designed to show Blacks as content with subservience, to prepare them for real life when the fascist take-over is complete, and police have occupied all Black colonies".

December 14, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. TORI

I so agree on these movies selected by SAG.

December 14, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Bigwilliestyles:
    Did you see the movie? Did you read the book it was based on? The book takes place in the early sixties down in down south, and it is NOTHING like you described at all. NOTHING was ever portrayed about "fascist" takeovers of black colonies; it being the NINTEEN sixties, where the hell do you even get black colonies in the United States?

I think you have this book/movie confused with something else; it is not nasty and condescending as you have described.

December 14, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@bigwilliestyles:
    I also noticed that you had that entire statement in quotes.
    Who wrote that?

December 14, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bigwilliestyles

@ banasy: you disagree with my post; that's allowed. Doesn't change my views on this movie or the genre' that it represents.

December 15, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  7. bigwilliestyles

By the way Ban (may I call you 'Ban'), they having a walloping good time throwing racial slurs over on the thread about the college basketball fight. No racial holds barred...

December 15, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  8. bigwilliestyles

...I don't remember seeing you on the thread disecting any of those comments (or any of your cohorts, other than the indomitable Chrissy) for their 'hidden racial intent', they way you do my posts...just saying...

December 15, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

@bigwilliestyles:

I don't know anything about that brawl, so I didn't read the thread; hence, I didn't comment.
    Knowing how some of the ass holes think around here, however, I can guess that they were total racist morons.

I don't comment on every thread; but then, neither do you.
    Nor do I dissect your comments for hidden racial intent; I never did.
    As a matter of fact, on one of the threads today I said saomething to the effect of looking up the term tongue in cheek and sarcasm, Concerning one of your posts.

I in no way meant to offend you; I just read the outstanding book and was appalled at how these women treated their 'help'; I didn't see any of what you said withing those pages at *all*, and I still don't.
    This is why I asked you is you read the book.
    I haven't seen the movie; maybe something was lost in the translation.

December 15, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

@bigwilliestyles:
    Sure you can call me Ban, if you want.
    People shorten in all the time.

December 15, 2011 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

Bws: I had always considered you one of my cohorts also.
    Didn't think that was a *bad* thing...

December 15, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  12. Hah!

Sure it's a bad thing...to someone who hates being social. Everyone else? It's cool.

December 15, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |