December 20th, 2011

Blizzard pummels West, Midwest

Travel through the southern Rockies into the central Plains "will be dangerous, if not impossible" early Tuesday, forecasters predicted, as a large winter weather system blasts parts of the West and Midwest.

Early Tuesday morning, blizzard warnings stretched from northeast New Mexico to southeast Colorado, western Kansas, the Oklahoma panhandle and far northern Texas, according to the National Weather Service.

"Blizzard conditions with wind chill temperatures below zero are expected," the agency said.
Winter storm warnings stretched farther across New Mexico, Colorado and Kansas.

"A large area of 4 to 8 inches of snow is expected from northeastern New Mexico into Kansas, with isolated areas of around one foot possible by Tuesday evening," the National Weather Service said.

In addition, blustery winds of 25 to 50 mph will be possible.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: U.S. • Weather
  1. keekers

here we go again 🙁

December 20, 2011 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  2. kyle788

I just want to remind everyone that having four wheel drive (aka all wheel drive) allows you to drive at normal speeds with no change to driving habits at all, perfectly safely. I better also say that I'm just kidding before someone sues me.

December 20, 2011 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

kyle788:
    Lmao!
    Good thing you put in the disclaimer; you *know* how our fellow drivers react at the first real snow!

Be safe, folks, and I hope y'all dig out okay.

December 20, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  4. gung hoe

Boy sure hope it stays to the south of mhch

December 20, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  5. rooney

Good luck to everyone who has to travel through this. Be careful and be safe. I can't wait to get a blizzard where I live. I love the snow! I know, most people don't feel the same way.

December 20, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  6. Michgal

Dont worry gung we have it pretty easy in michigan so far this year...rain and 48 degrees is what you can expect through xmas!

December 20, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

lol @ michgal, aint it wonderful too? Im loving it myself. But i do sympathize with those states getting this weather, there is nothing worse than getting on snow covered and slippery roads with ppl inexperienced in driving in inclement weather. Good luck

December 20, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. F1

It would be interesting to see how people would react to such weather in so cal , i lived in illinois for 2 years and loved it it would be awesome to have i whiye xmas in long beach!

December 20, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. TORI

Been trying to get more info on this storm. Holiday break at college and I have to travel to the Midwest.

December 20, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ricardo

Se la grafica si mnretar quella di questi screenshot una volta uscito il gioco, diventer uno dei migliori RPg per Wii (ok, non contando il fatto che gli rpg per wii stanno sulle dita di una mano, comunque sar spettacolare).Speriamo solo che queste immagini non siano la classica esca buttata l tanto per attirare l'attenzione, quando in verit il gioco tutt'altro.Se anche sono un'esca, per , devo dire che snano fare il loro lavoro.

March 12, 2012 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |