December 23rd, 2011

Britain's Prince Philip taken to a hospital

Britain's Prince Philip was taken to a hospital on Friday for "precautionary tests" after complaining of chest pains, a Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said.

He was taken from Sandringham to the cardiothoracic unit at Papworth Hospital in Cambridge, she said. The royal family traditionally spends Christmas on the Sandringham Estate.

Philip, the husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth, is also known as the Duke of Edinburgh. He turned 90 in June.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Queen Elizabeth II • United Kingdom
  1. Andreas Moser

It's time we abolish the monarchy: http://andreasmoser.wordpress.com/2011/08/22/king-and-peasants-discuss-monarchy/

December 23, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Portland tony

Some Brits like their monarchy. That's why it exists. Best wishes to Philip and family.

December 23, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Marc

The True Cost of the Royal Family Explained

December 23, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. gung hoe

You know what Im really proud of britain! At least their people in power serve and not only that but on the front line with the commoners

December 23, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. gung hoe

The US should be led in the same manner as the brits!The brits should be proud of their leaders being on the front line and being a true warrier.

December 23, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Tabitha

I thought that was why the pilgrims came to America, to NOT be ruled the same? Maybe you should move TO Britain! Just sayin lol

December 23, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. vahjayjayaddict

this is one of the true first class individuals in the world, by the way he has lived his life. hope he gets well soon.

December 23, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Not only "some Brits" like the monarchy. I like the monarchy, and I'm American.
    I shall pray for Prince Philip.
    The monarchy serves as a wonderful example to the public.
    @ gung hoe:
    It's good to see that you're on the right side of this.

December 23, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

In addition to serving the people of Great Britain in many ways, British royalty attracts money to the economy instead of being the waste that opponents of the monarchy claim that it is.

December 23, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

Im taking sides but lmao in a wierd kinda way tabitha is right, sorry gung.

December 23, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

oops meant NOT taking sides! But in addition our country sure could take some lessons on the RIGHT/WRONG way of treating people!

December 23, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ chrissy:
    I took my side. I absolutely support the British monarchy.
    Now, in a way, Tabitha is right in that the Pilgrims did come here for a reason: they came here so that they could split infinitives in the Queen's English the way Tabitha does.
    Also, regarding Tabitha's suggestion to go live there, at one time I did very much want to live in England after spending about four months in 1985 working in London. I loved the courtesy everywhere in the streets then, as well as the Roux Brothers' restaurants.
    Now that London has become overrun by immigrants, I'm not anxious to live there anymore.
    I'd still like to retire outside of Rome, but Paris is wonderful too.
    The streets of London have become rude.

December 23, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Speaking of London restaurants, I am convinced that Diego Masciaga is the finest chef in the world.

December 23, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Nigel H.

I like what he said. Sorry to hear he's feeling a bit wobbly.

December 23, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |