Tebow tops 'most desirable celebrity neighbor' list
Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has scored big in two public-opinion surveys this month.
December 28th, 2011

Tebow tops 'most desirable celebrity neighbor' list

NFL insiders and fans don’t think enough of Tim Tebow to put him in the Pro Bowl, but a decent portion of the American public might be OK with him barbecuing next door.

The Denver Broncos quarterback, who has made a name for himself in part through his outspoken faith in God and a number of comeback wins this season, is the most desirable celebrity neighbor for 2012, according to a survey from the Zillow real estate information company.

The annual survey asks more than 1,000 U.S. adults which celebrity or celebrity couple they’d most like to be their neighbor next year. It should be noted that respondents were given only seven from which to choose, plus “other.” But Tebow topped that list, garnering 11% of the vote.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt (10%) were runners-up, followed by Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux (9%). A plurality of respondents - 42% - said “none of the above,” and “other” got 11%.

The survey results were released Wednesday, a day after USA Today announced that Tebow was the United States’ 11th most-admired man for 2011 - two spots behind Bill Gates but ahead of the Dalai Lama - in a USA Today/Gallup Poll.

Tebow began the season on the sidelines but became Denver’s starting quarterback after the Broncos’ 1-4 start. Tebow has won seven of his 10 starts, helping put Denver in position to clinch a playoff spot heading into the final regular-season game this weekend.

His victories - many of them featuring come-from-behind heroics in the fourth quarter - have come despite relatively low passing yardages. He has delighted many Broncos fans, those who cheered him at the University of Florida and many others inspired by his success. But he has also spurred debate on sports talk shows and elsewhere about how good of a passing quarterback he is, how much credit he can claim and how much success he will be have over his career.

Tebow’s victories had some wondering whether fans, coaches and players would select him for the NFL’s Pro Bowl, but the league announced this week that the three signal-callers representing Tebow’s conference would be New England’s Tom Brady, Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger and San Diego’s Phillip Rivers.

The Denver Post has reported that Tebow finished fifth in voting, meaning he is the second alternate.

As for the other celebrities who were on Zillow’s list for the neighbor survey, they were Jennifer Lopez; Beyonce and Jay-Z; Nancy Grace; and Kim Kardashian. For the list, Zillow chose celebrities that made headlines throughout the year, spokeswoman Lauren Riefflin said.

Actress Sandra Bullock was last year’s most desirable celebrity neighbor.

Other recent Tebow news:

Maher faces backlash after lewd Tebow tweet

SNL Tim Tebow controversy continues debate over quarterback's faith

'Tebowing' high school students suspended for blocking hallway

Post by:
Filed under: Colorado • Football • Pro football • Sports • Tim Tebow
  1. abcdxyz

If I could afford to live in the same neighborhood Tebow does, I'd definitely be glad to have him for a neighbor!

December 28, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. MedicMax

I don't see any downside to being Tebows neighbor. I doubt he'd blast music in the middle of the night, he'd probably be understanding if you needed to borrow his driveway space if you had guests over, and he seems like he woudn't turn you away if you asked for a cup of sugar.

Would we hang out together and have beers? I doubt it. But that isn't always what makes a good neighbor.

December 28, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tensai13

IIf Tebow was my neighbour I'd put my house up for sale and move. Christian wack jobs scare me.

December 28, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Death of News

Amen to that, brother. (no pun intended) Anyone who believes that an invisible person in the sky tells them what to do should be be given the psychiatric help they need.

December 28, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jose

You are an ignorant paranoid.

December 28, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • sonic10158

just another intolerant atheist

December 29, 2011 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Jimmy Joe Jim Bob

"just another intolerant atheist"

Perhaps a parable would be more suitable to teach the very stupid, such the person who made the above quote.

10 men are in a room. One says, "I believe". Eight others chime in and say, "I believe!". The last man says, "I see no reason to believe. You are all delusional.". The other men laugh at him and say they will pray for him, as he will surely burn in hell. The other nine men now proceed to eliminate the last man from all conversation and other social activities, unless he agrees with them.

Now, who are the intolerant person(s) in this scenario?

The one man who refuses to believe that which the others cannot prove, or the nine, who refuse to deal with the one because he is not similarly deluded?

It is YOU, sonic, who lack tolerance.

December 29, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Stroud

Atheism is at it's root, hateful and hypocritical.

December 29, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Agreed.

Jesus cares about your touchdown, but does nothing to help the millions of starving/abused/tortured children in the world.

Religion is poison.

December 29, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Larry

I already had Ned Flanders as a neighbor. Can't have a conversation about anything without god being brought into it. You always wander what they are over compensating for.

December 29, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • sevenseas

Jimmy Joe Jim Bob- You use a hypothetical scenario as fact to condemn someone as intolerant. Do you often make up stories and pass them off as facts?

December 29, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jack

what's wrong with Tebow as a neighbor, he seems like a pretty nice guy.

December 28, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. a miyahira

Who cares what religion Tebow believes in..that's his choose. You wouldn't want him say anything bad about your religion. After all fREE COUNTRY. I would love to be neighbor w/ Teabow. GO BRONCOS. ; + }

December 28, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Judy Mason

Hey Tebow, if you are REALLY religious read the Bible–Matthew 6:6.

December 28, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Robert verberne

Having a relationship with my dog, is far more secure than having a relationship with the public

December 29, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  8. Darth Raider

I hope he breaks his leg this weekend. Raider Nation says T-blows

December 29, 2011 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  9. Steve C.

Stupid jesus freak...go away! Move him next to the Bush family!

December 29, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  10. Charlie

For those of us that follow football, it's not Tebow's outspoken religious views that are controversial. I would much rather see my children follow Tebow on twitter than Kim KarTRASHian or Lindsay Lolife. It is the fact that the sports media won't shut up about him. He is a good athlete and role model for young people. He is just an average quarterback. Denver is forced to coordinate NCAA style offensive plays because of this. Tebow looks down field and if Eric Decker is double covered then he runs the ball. He will never last long enough to mature into a Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers. Prediction: If Denver keeps Tebow as their starter (which I think they will because of the fans) then they are looking at another .500 season or worse. If Tebow keeps rushing 80 to 100 yards a game then he will have a career ending injury like Joe Theisman. Either way, I think he will last no more than 3 seasons starting in the NFL. That is the story of Tim Tebow.

December 29, 2011 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Stroud

I don't know...if Tim Tebow ever stops playing football, I don't think that'll be the last wee see of him. I can see how he may not be playing football forever, but he's also someone who I can see coaching someday.

December 29, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  11. pe2

A decent person, a good man of faith. I have no problem with living next door to Tim

December 29, 2011 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  12. Bubba

What an unbelievable bigoted biased question, and I can't believe so few were insulted by it. Shades of Kristallnacht,
    The Hitlers of the world are smiling at CNN. From the most inane of ideas, from the stupidest and seemingly innocuous questions. As for me, I'd rather have a thousand Tebows than ONE CNN staffer

December 29, 2011 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Antons

Stupidest...lol

December 29, 2011 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Jimmy Joe Jim Bob

So, we should not be biased against adults with invisible friends?

December 29, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Stroud

Here here, Bubba!

December 29, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  13. EndTheFed

Never heard of him. Don't care.

December 29, 2011 at 8:32 am | Report abuse |
  14. Mike

You all act as if Tebow is the worst thing that could move next door to you. Think about all the crap your CURRENT neighbors do that you have absolutely NO idea about. I'd be more freaked out about that....

December 29, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Larry

My current neighbors are great, they take care of their property, respect others, we can have conversations about anything and I trust them. The only exception to this is the over the top Evangelical christian. He scares the hell out of me. No conversation can be had without God.

December 29, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Suzan H

Honestly, when I read the CNN quick poll, I thought that they needed another option "don't care one way or the other". I don't think it would matter. I'm sure he'd be respectful and that's all you can ask of a neighbor. I don't monitor my neighbors' religious preferences and they don't mine. That's all you can ask for.

December 29, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |