Tebow tops 'most desirable celebrity neighbor' list
Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has scored big in two public-opinion surveys this month.
December 28th, 2011

Tebow tops 'most desirable celebrity neighbor' list

NFL insiders and fans don’t think enough of Tim Tebow to put him in the Pro Bowl, but a decent portion of the American public might be OK with him barbecuing next door.

The Denver Broncos quarterback, who has made a name for himself in part through his outspoken faith in God and a number of comeback wins this season, is the most desirable celebrity neighbor for 2012, according to a survey from the Zillow real estate information company.

The annual survey asks more than 1,000 U.S. adults which celebrity or celebrity couple they’d most like to be their neighbor next year. It should be noted that respondents were given only seven from which to choose, plus “other.” But Tebow topped that list, garnering 11% of the vote.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt (10%) were runners-up, followed by Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux (9%). A plurality of respondents - 42% - said “none of the above,” and “other” got 11%.

The survey results were released Wednesday, a day after USA Today announced that Tebow was the United States’ 11th most-admired man for 2011 - two spots behind Bill Gates but ahead of the Dalai Lama - in a USA Today/Gallup Poll.

Tebow began the season on the sidelines but became Denver’s starting quarterback after the Broncos’ 1-4 start. Tebow has won seven of his 10 starts, helping put Denver in position to clinch a playoff spot heading into the final regular-season game this weekend.

His victories - many of them featuring come-from-behind heroics in the fourth quarter - have come despite relatively low passing yardages. He has delighted many Broncos fans, those who cheered him at the University of Florida and many others inspired by his success. But he has also spurred debate on sports talk shows and elsewhere about how good of a passing quarterback he is, how much credit he can claim and how much success he will be have over his career.

Tebow’s victories had some wondering whether fans, coaches and players would select him for the NFL’s Pro Bowl, but the league announced this week that the three signal-callers representing Tebow’s conference would be New England’s Tom Brady, Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger and San Diego’s Phillip Rivers.

The Denver Post has reported that Tebow finished fifth in voting, meaning he is the second alternate.

As for the other celebrities who were on Zillow’s list for the neighbor survey, they were Jennifer Lopez; Beyonce and Jay-Z; Nancy Grace; and Kim Kardashian. For the list, Zillow chose celebrities that made headlines throughout the year, spokeswoman Lauren Riefflin said.

Actress Sandra Bullock was last year’s most desirable celebrity neighbor.

Other recent Tebow news:

Maher faces backlash after lewd Tebow tweet

SNL Tim Tebow controversy continues debate over quarterback's faith

'Tebowing' high school students suspended for blocking hallway

Post by:
Filed under: Colorado • Football • Pro football • Sports • Tim Tebow
  1. david

I want mike Tyson my nebro he hate gay Tim boy

December 28, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • rick d785

Bwa ha ha ha ha haha ha ah!!!!!

December 28, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • AC

is there a spot open next to your cave?

December 28, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Skegeeace

I wouldn't mind him as a neighbor! He seems like the type who'd care if your house was burning down or if someone was breaking in.

December 28, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Idiotic

Wow. As far as I can tell, this is just CNN marketing for Zillow. Even a still-in-school intern should be able to determine that this survey was very poorly conducted. 53% of respondents choosing "other" or "none of the above" amounts to "your choices are like walking into a steak house and only finding hot dogs and hamburgers on the menu". Some people may have wanted a hot dog or hamburger after all, some people will decide that they were really just hungry, so a hot dog or hamburger would suffice, but when 1/2 the people just walk out, clearly the menu is lacking.

December 28, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  4. kurt

OMG OMG He likes god and he plays sports... OMG OMG OMG OMG

December 28, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Klaas Jan

Your petty jealousy is quite pathetic.

December 28, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ack242

Thank you for keeping it real, Kurt.

December 28, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. rick d785

I would rather have militant Iranians next door than this nut.

December 28, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mrs. Stroud

I think Tim Tebow would be a great neighbor. He's already a great role model. Bill Murray has an awful lot of attention to, but when did Bill Murray ever live for anyone other than himself? If I'm ever blessed enough to be a mother, Tim Tebow is the type of person who I'd like for my son to look up to.

December 28, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Stroud

I meant Bill Maher, but what's the difference?

December 28, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ack242

You are creepy and can't take a joke lady!

December 28, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Stroud

People thought Patton was creepy too...if only we'd listened to him when he warned us about the Ruskies a long time ago....

Those who shut their ears tend to also blind their eyes.

December 28, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dhulfiqar

I'm a Muslim - and I happy for Tebow's success. If his faith is genuine and truly believes in it–then according to Islam God will judge him by his faith in Him. But only God knows of people's true intentions. Good luck Mr. Tebow.

December 28, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paul

And welcome to the year 600 AD!

December 28, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Meko

just like some blind, mindless christians..just because he's a christian, you'll love to have him as a neighbor..jim jones was a christian to, so were a lot of priest who molested children,you want them as a neighbor as well..a bunch of idiots

December 28, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Amaretta

I love you Tim! <3

December 28, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  10. willsafire

Those of you think it is cool for a player to pray after each touchdown, must think how you'd feel if you saw Muslim players do their Islamic prayer. This is beyond annoying. If you are on public display, keep your religious beliefs out of it.

December 28, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Argle Bargle

Dear god, no way. They start out all nicey-nice, but then morph into neighbors from hell because you don't live the way they think you should.

December 28, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Flavius Claudius Julianus Augustus

Since I don't know the man personally, I can't say whether or not I'd want him as my neighbor. Regarding the fact that he incessantly praises his god in public, plenty of priests who violated young boys also regularly quoted scripture.

As for the evangelical nature of his religion, I've always viewed christianity as a "cultural schizophrenia". As such, I can listen to an evangelical's babbling and testimonies with the same gentle patience and politeness I exhibited towards the more outgoing residents of a halfway house for the mentally ill that I volunteered at in my undergraduate years. And always in the back of my mind, I tell myself "Listen politely, but don't get sucked into their delusion." At the end of their lecture, when they invite me to "check out" their church, I just follow the advice my parents gave me on offers from drug dealers: Just say no.

December 28, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mrs. Stroud

Recommended reading: Mere Christianity by CS Lewis

December 29, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  13. me&yourmama

I can't say if Tim Te-bow is a good or bad person, he's not a person of such high praise, I thought that such praise was reserved for GOD alone. It seem to me that Te-bow is enjoying all the attention. Have the religious sect gotten so desperate for a savior that any heck will do? Have they not learn from the other false prophets? Maybe GOD did send them Tebow! Like the dumb children of Israel who never learn. Reality sucks. GOD is a jealous GOD is what is written in the Bible, if you believe and if you don't, well kiss my ass.

December 28, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Phill

53% of the people tested said "other" or "none of the above." There were 7 people on the list. Tim garnered only 11% of the vote. These statistics not significant enough to allow for a mainpage CNN article. Give me a break. I don't have anything against Tebow, but this article is worthless.

December 28, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Real world

And to say that with 11% "Tebow tops 'most desirable celebrity neighbor' list" is simply not true. The top choice was none of the above. Most people would like to leave celebrities in the media.

December 28, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Mom

I would add most desired son in law, friend, relative, son, etc etc, no matter how much the Liberal media, loosers from Saturday night atack him, he is the best role model that we have for young people.

December 28, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • The real McLovin

Can't take a joke, eh?

December 28, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Su Lynn

Obviously, you don’t value modesty and humility. Nothing I have ever read about Jesus ever described him as a show-boater. Tebow’s behavior smacks of “look @ me”, but some people with do anything to get a famous neighbor, relative, in-law – or whatever to brag about. But bragging is what Tebow is all about, so it would be a natural fit.

December 28, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |