Tebow tops 'most desirable celebrity neighbor' list
Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has scored big in two public-opinion surveys this month.
December 28th, 2011

Tebow tops 'most desirable celebrity neighbor' list

NFL insiders and fans don’t think enough of Tim Tebow to put him in the Pro Bowl, but a decent portion of the American public might be OK with him barbecuing next door.

The Denver Broncos quarterback, who has made a name for himself in part through his outspoken faith in God and a number of comeback wins this season, is the most desirable celebrity neighbor for 2012, according to a survey from the Zillow real estate information company.

The annual survey asks more than 1,000 U.S. adults which celebrity or celebrity couple they’d most like to be their neighbor next year. It should be noted that respondents were given only seven from which to choose, plus “other.” But Tebow topped that list, garnering 11% of the vote.

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt (10%) were runners-up, followed by Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux (9%). A plurality of respondents - 42% - said “none of the above,” and “other” got 11%.

The survey results were released Wednesday, a day after USA Today announced that Tebow was the United States’ 11th most-admired man for 2011 - two spots behind Bill Gates but ahead of the Dalai Lama - in a USA Today/Gallup Poll.

Tebow began the season on the sidelines but became Denver’s starting quarterback after the Broncos’ 1-4 start. Tebow has won seven of his 10 starts, helping put Denver in position to clinch a playoff spot heading into the final regular-season game this weekend.

His victories - many of them featuring come-from-behind heroics in the fourth quarter - have come despite relatively low passing yardages. He has delighted many Broncos fans, those who cheered him at the University of Florida and many others inspired by his success. But he has also spurred debate on sports talk shows and elsewhere about how good of a passing quarterback he is, how much credit he can claim and how much success he will be have over his career.

Tebow’s victories had some wondering whether fans, coaches and players would select him for the NFL’s Pro Bowl, but the league announced this week that the three signal-callers representing Tebow’s conference would be New England’s Tom Brady, Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger and San Diego’s Phillip Rivers.

The Denver Post has reported that Tebow finished fifth in voting, meaning he is the second alternate.

As for the other celebrities who were on Zillow’s list for the neighbor survey, they were Jennifer Lopez; Beyonce and Jay-Z; Nancy Grace; and Kim Kardashian. For the list, Zillow chose celebrities that made headlines throughout the year, spokeswoman Lauren Riefflin said.

Actress Sandra Bullock was last year’s most desirable celebrity neighbor.

Other recent Tebow news:

Maher faces backlash after lewd Tebow tweet

SNL Tim Tebow controversy continues debate over quarterback's faith

'Tebowing' high school students suspended for blocking hallway

Post by:
Filed under: Colorado • Football • Pro football • Sports • Tim Tebow
  1. heyheyhey69

Yes! Yes! It's true. Tebow is the most desirable celebrity neighbor ... for me to poop on.

December 28, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Su Lynn

No Thanks, I'm just not impressed with self-centered show-offs. Let him keep his show-boating in Denver. if he were the only example of Christianity I had ever seen, I would find something else to believe in!

December 28, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Rich

As a Raider fan we would never get along and I dont think he would approve of my DEVIL worship *~}

December 28, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mike

@ Mom someone in the liberal media must like him or this article wouldn't be published. I think I know of a lot of people who veer to the left in their politics and still like Tim Tebow and view him as a good role model. Not all liberals are Bill Maher.

December 28, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ack242

The "liberal media" is the phrase I choose to use for every news source except for Fox News because Fox News is the only news source telling my version of the truth.

December 28, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. The real McLovin

Why do I keep saying these stupid things! God, I'm such a moron!!

December 28, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bob

I think I would rather have Jerry Sandusky as a neighbor.

December 28, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Common Sense 123

Sad.

December 28, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. The real McLovin

OMG, I did it again! I can't stop saying totally idiotic things!

December 28, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ack242

Tebow proves that God will help you with touchdowns because he loves Tebow more than the other teams. Except for the Bills. And the Patriots. But other than that, God likes Tebow best.

December 28, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Darren

Get this friggin loser out of my face already – aren't his 15 minutes up yet? Jesus, what a loser... he will never make it in the NFL because he sucks... period. The is more talent in a pair on Monkey Nuts.

December 28, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ack242

Thank you brother for setting the record straight.

December 28, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Aezel

Some nutbag that things a magical sky zombie from 2000 years ago has a personal interest in his football games. Sounds like a great neighbor.......

December 28, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aezel is a MORON

'Magical sky zombie from 2000 years ago'? Wow. Another idiotic atheist who cannot formulate accurate insults let alone funny ones. No, God does not help football games but that does not mean you throw the fact that a Creator exists out the window. There is plenty of evidence in nature and elsewhere that there is a God. Just because you are too ignorant and uneducated to accept that fact makes YOU the one with the problem. Pathetic.

December 28, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ack242

Looks like you struck a cord with the bible thumper Aezel!

December 28, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Flavius Claudius Julianus Augustus

"There is plenty of evidence in nature and elsewhere that there is a God."

How can you have faith in something you KNOW exists? Sounds like you'll be in trouble come "judgement day". (fortunately for you, it'll never come.)

December 28, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  11. neptonomist sentry

If you lived next to this guy you'd live in a nice gated-community instead of the projects. Why don't you dumb liberals think for once in your lives?

December 28, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ack242

My vote would be for Casey Anthony.

December 28, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Whatever

I liked Tim Tebow when he played for Florida but all this media hype is making me loathe hearing his name. Everyone needs to stop acting like this man can do no wrong and see him for what he is: A normal human being. I'm sure the very people that are praising Tebow would disown him in a heartbeat once he does something they do not like.

December 28, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. mikey_t

CNN's reporting its own, ongoing poll as news? Must be a REAL-LY slow news day.

December 28, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. 3bne

I think I'd rather live next to a nudie bar than Tim Tebow. At least a nudie bar keeps their windows covered up so I don't have to LOOK at their obnoxious, self-aggrandizing, morally bankrupt crud.

December 28, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |