Seventeen people died after drinking a toxic, illegal home-brewed liquor over the New Years weekend in southern India, authorities said Monday.
At least 18 people were also poisoned by what authorities have described as contaminated moonshine in Andhra Pradesh's Krishna district, P.V.S. Ramkrishna, the district police chief, said.
They shouldn't drink that. I remember a very nice brand of gin with a label that read "Bombay," and although I prefer the taste of Beefeater gin, the Bombay brand isn't lethal unless one consumes too much.
I would think ANY gin would be lethal if one consumes too much...
Mourning jif myself i prefer rum.They shouldve stuck to goats milk
Again? Didn't this just happen a few weeks ago too?
I wonder if this is the same batch. These people have no souls and just don't care. They would sell their favorite goat for a dollar.
There can no longer be any subtlety at all?
I am old enough to remember this happening right here in the USA. Either Law Enforcement has done a better job or we are smart enough to not drink it.
Do you think it would have happened if the Bombay had the word "Saphire" in it?
It still happens occasionally here, I think; we just make it better.
Yes. Yes, it did.
I got nothin'.
I almost died saturday night from alcohol.
Was it moonshine?
Are you okay now?
Ya think they would test it on, say, a rat or something first...what are they making this stuff out of, anti-freeze?
India is infested with so many people it reminds one of cattle. On top of that these hindus can't keep themselves out of medieval and barbaric news and practices. First, $ex trafficking of young girls, then worship of rats, drinking of cow uR#ne, leaving scores of sick patients behind to burn in a hospital fire, and on and on. We need to bring Indians into the modern world even though it may take centuries