January 3rd, 2012

Clashes erupt between Libyan militias

Clashes erupted Tuesday in Libya's capital between militias from Tripoli and Misrata, an Interior Ministry spokesman said.

The clashes were over control of a building that previously housed an intelligence center under former Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, said Col. Abdul Monem al-Tunsi, spokesman for the ministry.

Al-Tunsi said he was traveling in eastern Libya, but has received reports the situation is "on its way to being resolved." However, he said, there may be injuries in the clashes.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Libya
  1. banasy©

Militia vs militia fighting in Libya.

And I'm surprised, why...?

January 3, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

And this a surprising development in what way ? This is what alqeada does best. Get the people to fight amongst themselves, and then they will come in and be the great savior and unifier

January 3, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

"Be the great savior and unifier".

Oh, bc(iah)©, that made me sick just reading it, considering their way to "unity" is filled with violence and tyranny...

Let them fix their own problems. We need to fix ours.
    Yes, I realize that it's all of the nefarious doings of big oil and others, but I no longer care...if they want to obliterate themselves off the face of the earth, just freaking let them already!
    I'm tired of it all.
    One step forward, eight steps back.

January 3, 2012 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat (in a hat)©

@banasy©

I agree. Let them handle their problems. I just hate that we got duped into opening the door for them to come in. We're just sticking our nose into too many other countries problems.
    If the world thinks we don't care any more, so be it. We have too may of our own problems.
    We can protect our own. Let those people over there police their own backyards.

January 3, 2012 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@bobcat (in a hat)©

Word!

And we cared so much that we kept sending our kids to be killed...enough, I say.
    You're right...let them think we don't care. If they don't care about their own, why should anyone else be expected to?

We need to stay out of it.
    Permanently.

January 3, 2012 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

@banasy©

Amen to that.

January 3, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. TORI

Hey you guys! None of us are shocked that this is happening.The US needs to keep out. Our domestic problems are so severe,we need to take care of us and let the chips fall where they may in Libya,Syria,Iraq, and everywhere else that is coming unglued. I'm no economist but get sticker shock everywhere I go.

January 3, 2012 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

Hey, TORI!

Talk about sticker shock...
    Every time I go to the grocery store, I get more and more discouraged...so I make my husband do it, lol!
    He *likes* grocery shopping!
    Whatta guy!

January 3, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  9. TORI

You are one smart woman! I went to the store today to replenish some staples that I ate while staying at my Mom's. 1 banana, almost $1.00! Not even an organic one.

January 3, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

@TORI:
    You eat staples?

Sorry.
    Couldn't resist!
    Forgive?

January 3, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. TORI

@Banasy, love you any way.Now you know my secret of chomping staples!!

January 3, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

TORI:

Ah HA! I *knew* it!

You're secret's safe with me...and whoever reads this, of course!

January 3, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. TORI

It looks like it's just us girls so my staple secret is safe. Where is everyone?

January 3, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

@TORI:
    I don't know.
    Boring news day, I suppose...everyone is tired from the NY's festivities?
    Who knows.
    I've been on here pretty much all day...hurt leg, must keep elevated, so...

I thought somebody would play with me on the murder on QEII's land, but that lasted for 5 minutes.

Ah, well...

I guess I'll try and sleep. Nothing else to do, lol.

January 3, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Gianfranco

This darthvader guy is one of the funny ones. I think Twitter was liltnaiiy intended as a way to update people you actually know about the things you're up to. Then it evolved into something else it's almost like a message board now where people can search for users who talk about the same things you're interested in, interact with them, promote your products/what have yous, exchange/forward cool links and info; the possibilities are endless. It's main purpose, still, is to answer the question What are you doing? in 140 characters or less. The cool thing about it is that people who may be doing the very same thing can find, and connect with, you.

April 22, 2012 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |