A meal containing the world's most deadly mushroom is responsible for killing two people and sickening another in Canberra, Australian health officials said Friday.
The meal, which contained death cap mushrooms, was part of a private meal served at a restaurant on New Year's Day, the Australian Health Directorate said.
"The Health Directorate has been advised that the consumption of this food was for a private meal and no food containing the mushrooms was provided to the general public or anyone outside of this small group," the directorate said in a statement.
The restaurant, where the mushrooms were prepared, remains closed.FULL STORY
Will this item inspire more reflections on the thinking of Agatha Christie or Charles Darwin?
Good morning, JIFÂ©.
Did the dinner party *know* they were going to be served this?
And if so, I wonder why people have this fascination for deadly foods?
Such as the puffer fish?
They *know* it's deadly...
"Nah, it won't happen to me?"
Be careful who you invite to a "pot luck" dinner!
All I know about picking mushrooms to eat is that I don't know enough.
All I know is that I won't be eating any in Canberra...
@banasy 7:35 post – Agreed
Obviously they were not the magical ones