Iranian company wants to send toy drone to Obama
An Iranian non-profit company says it will send numerous miniature toy drones to President Barack Obama as a present.
January 18th, 2012

Iranian company wants to send toy drone to Obama

An Iranian non-profit company says it will honor U.S. President Barack Obama's request that Iran return a drone that crashed there last year.

But instead of the actual drone, the company says it will send miniature toy versions. A lot of them.

"We plan to send a full squadron of 12 to the White House for President Obama as a present," said Reza Kioumarsi, a spokesman for the Aaye Art Group, a Tehran-based non-profit, non-governmental company that makes novelty items.

The company is trying to determine what Obama's favorite color is before sending the drones, which are 1/80th the size of the real drone, Kioumarsi said.

In December, Obama said the United States has asked Iran to return the highly classified RQ-170 Sentinel drone.

"We've asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond," Obama said at the time.

This is probably not the response Obama was seeking.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Politics • U.S. • World
  1. PAM

xyz

January 18, 2012 at 4:57 am | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

It was almost a certainty that Iran would not respond by returning the drone. I support President Obama, but he would have appeared to be stronger if he said something different from, "it's ours–give it back."

January 18, 2012 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

The more I think about it, the more dissatisfied I become with the President's placing himself in a position that allows another nation to give him the finger.

January 18, 2012 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. gung hoe

Mourning JIFER this is nothing new.That is the position that he has put himself in by bowing before world leaders.I myself dont support him for president, but during the debates last night what speaker gingrich said you do with enemys of the us is to kill them.Now that sounds like a strong leader to me!

January 18, 2012 at 5:52 am | Report abuse |
    • AzPatriot

@gung hoe: you don't seem to know what really makes a
      strong leader. it most certainly is not threatening to
      kill all your enemies.

January 18, 2012 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ gung hoe:
    Good morning.
    Gingrich says many good things. I like what he said about enemies. I also like what he said about using unemployment time to earn an associate degree.
    I was as horrified to see Obama's bowing as you were.
    Now, after, "give it back, please," Iran can say "up yours" to us.
    I know that I don't get much agreement here when I call for bringing back the Shah. The last time I did, somebody tried to teach me that he was dead. I meant a descendant.
    ANASTASIA all over again.

January 18, 2012 at 6:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. TORI

abc

January 18, 2012 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  7. Xyz

pam

January 18, 2012 at 6:31 am | Report abuse |
  8. gung hoe

@jiffer A GREAT BIG LMAO. At least when there was a shaw instead of achmodinajad he kept that country under control.And dont feel bad about not getting many people to agree with you on here.That just proves our leadership qualities.Ive always had that problem with making my own decisions,and not going with the flock just to fit in.My dad used to tell me son one day your mouth will get you in trouble.Boy if only it was just one day.

January 18, 2012 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Dixon

I imagin your father was saying you should engage your brain before you use your mouth. I see you decided against his advice. I only see you amplify the FOX noise rather than any facts.

January 18, 2012 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sid

Did Obama really think they were going to give it back?

January 18, 2012 at 6:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Dixon

are you kidding?

January 18, 2012 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
  10. gung hoe

@SID if a friend of yours takes something that is very valuable to you ,what would you do.Myself I would ask for it back and if that didnt work then I would go get it.

January 18, 2012 at 6:45 am | Report abuse |
    • AzPatriot

@gung hoe: even if it means starting world war 3?

January 18, 2012 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  11. Dixon

@AzPatriot...A men

January 18, 2012 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  12. gung hoe

@az patriot first off if you can read it wasnt just me that said that.2ND I supposed bowing down before world leaders is your idea of a leader.And third SID I dont recall talking to you,I WAS HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH A FRIEND NOT YOU.

January 18, 2012 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Dixon

he didn't bow down to anyone...if you want to have a private conversation don't do it on a public blog.

January 18, 2012 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  13. gung hoe

@az patriot first off if you can read it wasnt just me that said that.2ND I supposed bowing down before world leaders is your idea of a leader.And third AZ. I dont recall talking to you,I WAS HAVING A CONVERSATION WITH A FRIEND NOT YOU.

January 18, 2012 at 6:56 am | Report abuse |
  14. AzPatriot

@gung hoe: you are not having a conversation, you are posting
    on a open message board. if you don't like my comments, go
    have your conversation in private.

January 18, 2012 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
  15. gung hoe

@dixon get along or be brave go over to fox and spout your message

January 18, 2012 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Dixon

be brave and go over to fox...at least I have a message and not BS with nothing more than juvenile name calling to offer. You belong on Fox where people will understand your nonsense.

January 18, 2012 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |