Iranian company wants to send toy drone to Obama
An Iranian non-profit company says it will send numerous miniature toy drones to President Barack Obama as a present.
January 18th, 2012

Iranian company wants to send toy drone to Obama

An Iranian non-profit company says it will honor U.S. President Barack Obama's request that Iran return a drone that crashed there last year.

But instead of the actual drone, the company says it will send miniature toy versions. A lot of them.

"We plan to send a full squadron of 12 to the White House for President Obama as a present," said Reza Kioumarsi, a spokesman for the Aaye Art Group, a Tehran-based non-profit, non-governmental company that makes novelty items.

The company is trying to determine what Obama's favorite color is before sending the drones, which are 1/80th the size of the real drone, Kioumarsi said.

In December, Obama said the United States has asked Iran to return the highly classified RQ-170 Sentinel drone.

"We've asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond," Obama said at the time.

This is probably not the response Obama was seeking.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Politics • U.S. • World
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

I was away from the board.
    I still agree with gung hoe.
    I do not agree with AzPatriot.
    gung hoe does think before he decides what action he will take.
    He just decides to be powerful instead of deciding to be weak and hope that everybody else treats him sweetly.

January 18, 2012 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

gung hoe and I say what we think.
    Anybody else can say anything that he thinks, including that the moon comprises three counties of cultivated cheese.

January 18, 2012 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Dixon

that is your problem joey...you and gung hoe every time you write something here we all know you have nothing but hate and misinformation to offer. I support Obama and hope he is re-elected. I don't think he is or claims to be the greatest president ever. However, considering republicans consider Regan the greatest. You know, the guy who cut and run from Lebanon after killing a bunch of our marines, the same guy who raised taxes or maybe the same guy who actually did give illegals amnesty.

January 18, 2012 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sid

I don't know Az Maybe gung hoe thinks he owns the www. Maybe we should pay him a surcharge fee lol.

January 18, 2012 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. banasy ©

What is Iran, like 9?
    I'll agree this is a direct slap in the face, but there's not much to be done, since it was a drone that shouldn't have been in Iran in the first place.

JIF and gung, Good morning.

First of all, I wasn't aware that the position of Speaker of the House was a lifetime position.
    Second, what, would either of you have done to get it back?
    What would you have done any differently than our President?
    Just go in and get it?

As AzPatriot said, even if it started WWIII?
    Yeah, that's showing them, all right.
    The fact is, there was not much that *could* be done without starting a whole lot of trouble.
    It was our *my bad*.

January 18, 2012 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. AzPatriot

@Joey Isotta-Fraschini: president obama is the farthest thing away
    from being weak. people like you let your feelings about him color
    your thinking. the facts are the facts.

January 18, 2012 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. banasy ©

What a load of hooey.

January 18, 2012 at 7:11 am | Report abuse |
    • AzPatriot

@banasy: LOL

January 18, 2012 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  7. Sid

What makes gung hoe think that Iran and the U. S. are friends anyway? We are not at war, but we are far from being friends.

January 18, 2012 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ Sid:
    I don't think that Obama thought that Iran would return the drone.
    I think that Obama thought that he would enhance his image by asking them to return it.
    Perhaps that was the President's best move with most voters.
    To me, the President's action was weak.
    I ask myself, "what would Ronald Reagan have done?" I even ask myself, "what would JFK have done?"
    I KNOW what Harry Truman would have done: the right thing.

January 18, 2012 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
    • AzPatriot

Ronald Reagan was a mental weakling. he should not be mentioned
      in the same breath as JFK

January 18, 2012 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sid

How would asking for something from a no win position enhance his image. Be honest Joey, it made the United States look weak and powerless. I doubt that any of the presidents would have asked Iran to return the drone.

January 18, 2012 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ AzPatriot:
    Do you know my feelings about Obama?
    Do you know that I joyously voted for him, contributed nicely to his campaign, and support his reelection?
    I reject the connotations of your unfounded statement.

January 18, 2012 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
    • AzPatriot

I know what i see.

January 18, 2012 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  11. banasy ©

That wasn't meant for AzPatriot.
    Sorry.
    I cannot state decisively enough that being strong and invading a country are synonomous, for they are not.
    It was prudent for or POTUS not to be implulsive and get is into a war with Iran over somthing that really had direct bearing on out National security.

Please provide me with a link that shows Obama bowing to every world leader. Because I haven't seen it.

And what is the right thing, JIF, bearing in mind that this isn't pre-1963 anymore.c
    I'm sure you'll tell us what the "right thing" is...
    Oh, are you refering to Truman dropping the A-bomb on Iran?
    Over a *drone*? To "save face"?
    Really?

January 18, 2012 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
    • AzPatriot

@banasy; no harm, no foul. by the way, you just stated exactly
      what i was thinking. only a lot more coherently than i am
      capable of.

January 18, 2012 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy ©

That should read 'NO direct bearing'...

I dislike my phone intensely.

January 18, 2012 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  12. banasy ©

Ronald Reagan would have de-regulated the drone into non-existence.

January 18, 2012 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  13. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ Sid:
    Read my post again.
    I did not say that Obama's asking enhanced his image.
    I said that HE THOUGHT it would enhance his image.
    Then I said that it made him look weak.

January 18, 2012 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  14. Arj

While the spy toy theory may sound to be funny, truth is that today spy planes can be built as small as 3 grams (See http://spygadgets.blogspot.com/2009/11/three-gram-spy-plane.html ). This can even turn out to be a trojan horse

January 18, 2012 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  15. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

I can support Obama's reelection without naively asserting that everything he does shows that he is "the greatest president we've ever had," as many post on CNN.
    I can support his campaign and still say that he looked terrible when he bowed to royal Arabs, and that he looked terrible when Mrs. Obama put her arm around England's waist.

January 18, 2012 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
    • AzPatriot

everything he does is not perfect. but too many people on this board
      say that he is weak without the facts to back it up.

January 18, 2012 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |