Iranian company wants to send toy drone to Obama
An Iranian non-profit company says it will send numerous miniature toy drones to President Barack Obama as a present.
January 18th, 2012

Iranian company wants to send toy drone to Obama

An Iranian non-profit company says it will honor U.S. President Barack Obama's request that Iran return a drone that crashed there last year.

But instead of the actual drone, the company says it will send miniature toy versions. A lot of them.

"We plan to send a full squadron of 12 to the White House for President Obama as a present," said Reza Kioumarsi, a spokesman for the Aaye Art Group, a Tehran-based non-profit, non-governmental company that makes novelty items.

The company is trying to determine what Obama's favorite color is before sending the drones, which are 1/80th the size of the real drone, Kioumarsi said.

In December, Obama said the United States has asked Iran to return the highly classified RQ-170 Sentinel drone.

"We've asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond," Obama said at the time.

This is probably not the response Obama was seeking.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Politics • U.S. • World
  1. Donald Everson

keep taunting and sabre rattling. i am sure some day you will understand the phrase he who laughs last laughs hardest.

January 18, 2012 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  2. Sid

Joey. The question was posed for the Commander in Chief, "How would asking for the drone enhance your image," assuming your theory of what the president was thinking was correct. As for your remark that it made him look weak, I couldn't agree more On target missed it and oops.

January 18, 2012 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ Dixon:
    Hate?
    You are patently absurd.
    There is a certain politesse that oils the turning of the world. By now, the Obamas have learned more of it.
    Ronald Reagan was a very great president.
    Did you read carefully enough to learn that I support Obama's campaign, or were you just trying to find evidence of non-PC "hate?"
    I am a Republican.
    I think independently.
    Now I'm going to scroll up and carefully consider anything that banasy said to me.

January 18, 2012 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  4. banasy ©

Ah.
    He bowed to the Royal Arabs.
    Is that not protocol?
    I agree that was not proper etiquette for Mrs. Obama to put her around a Royal's waist, what was so improper about Mr. Obama bowing to another Royal?

January 18, 2012 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  5. gung hoe

@az citizen Maybe you arent old enough to know, when reagon took office interest rates were 28 percent unemployment was up near 20 percent. He fixed what carter screwd up.So I ask you if reagon was a mental weakling what does that make obama?And morning banasy why is it that when Iam having a decent disscussion with someone I get in these stupid argument.OH AZ CITIZEN was it you that told jif that the shah is dead bet it was

January 18, 2012 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Who did President Carter inherit it from? Nixon(Watergate), Spirew(quit) Gerald ford took over for Spir and then Jimmy Carter, issues were already there. The last President always is the next president dumping ground.

January 18, 2012 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ Sid:
    Thank you for reading my post again.
    Aussi, notice that I did not state what Obama was thinking. I stated that it was what I THOUGHT he might have thought.

January 18, 2012 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
  7. gung hoe

@banasy my queen . A person of lower stature bows before a person of higher stature.Kinda like the sgt saluting the captain.It would seem to me he wouldve been briefed on that

January 18, 2012 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy ©

Gung hoe (and JIF, somewhat)
      Oh...that explains why Bush I bowed in Japan...right before he threw up in his lap.
      I am your Queen.
      Bow before me.
      See how stupid that sounds?

Is it that you consider protocol thrown out the window when it is an Arab royal?
      Ot just royals in general?
      SOOOOO, by that same token, it was not only proper for M.O. to put her arm around England, it was the friendly thing to do...
      Screw protocol and etiquette!
      Throw your weight around!
      WE ARE THE UNITED STATES!

Bowing is considered protocol in these countries and a sign of respect.
      Why get into a p!ssing contest over something like this?
      Just to show the people who dislike Obama that he's "strong"?
      Do you guys really want to fan the flames against the United States because he DIDN'T follow the accepted practices of these countries and REFUSE to bow?

It is good that he's the President, and you aren't; we'd all be dead.

And, JIF, you go right ahead and sing about Herbert Hoover and how great your LaSalle ran.
      Simpler times, no?

January 18, 2012 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  8. Sid

How true Joey. That is why I called you hypothosis a theory.

January 18, 2012 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ banasy:
    I did not say that Truman's "right thing" would be to drop an atomic bomb or two. I said that he would do the right thing.
    I think that Ronald Reagan would do the right thing today. He might say something as strong as, "tear down this wall," while spying efficiently enough to bring it tumblin' down.
    Truman did the right thing at the end of WWII. You may disagree with me, as will others, but that was a war during my lifetime. It had to end. You will remember that the USA did not start WWII.

January 18, 2012 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  10. MJK,

Gung how, why do you sound just like hamsta? The interest rated were about 14% on houses, not 28. %. Y'all have to admit they are no where near 14% now!!

January 18, 2012 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ Sid:
    Right.
    You said that.

January 18, 2012 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
  12. Sid

Oh darn. Just dispise little errors, so irrating. Joey I meant "your" not "you" just had to mention the obvious. Please excuse.

January 18, 2012 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  13. banasy ©

@JIFH
    I also asked you what the right thing *is*.
    I read your post.
    I believe Truman would have been baffled as to a course of action.
    He ended the war.
    He wouldn't have started another one over a drone.

January 18, 2012 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
  14. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

If unthinking Democrats and REAL racists keep accusing any conservative thinkers of "hate,"
    I'm going to reconsider my support of Obama, sit down at the piano next to my wife, and start singing about using a guy like Herbert Hoover again.

January 18, 2012 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  15. AMERICA 1st

A whitewashed nobama and a shoepolished biden can ride that drone around the country singing MAMMY during their campaigning!

January 18, 2012 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |