Iranian company wants to send toy drone to Obama
An Iranian non-profit company says it will send numerous miniature toy drones to President Barack Obama as a present.
January 18th, 2012

Iranian company wants to send toy drone to Obama

An Iranian non-profit company says it will honor U.S. President Barack Obama's request that Iran return a drone that crashed there last year.

But instead of the actual drone, the company says it will send miniature toy versions. A lot of them.

"We plan to send a full squadron of 12 to the White House for President Obama as a present," said Reza Kioumarsi, a spokesman for the Aaye Art Group, a Tehran-based non-profit, non-governmental company that makes novelty items.

The company is trying to determine what Obama's favorite color is before sending the drones, which are 1/80th the size of the real drone, Kioumarsi said.

In December, Obama said the United States has asked Iran to return the highly classified RQ-170 Sentinel drone.

"We've asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond," Obama said at the time.

This is probably not the response Obama was seeking.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Politics • U.S. • World
  1. gung hoe

@sid geez guy guess cnns getting over you having to pay and all.

January 18, 2012 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ banasy:
    I agree with gung hoe's post regarding the protocol of bowing.

January 18, 2012 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ banasy:
    I'll have to get back to you on that one (the drone). 🙂
    PLAYS PIED PIPER TUNE ON FLUTE
    If you give me the Oval Office and that big, tough car, I'll get right down to it. Till then, no es mi problema.
    It may have something to do with Teddy R.'s Big Stick–oh...Obama is whittling the stick down...right.

January 18, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. gung hoe

@MJK you know you may be right about houses although I dont think so.I Know for a fact that auto loans were 28 percent.You see where I live if no one is buying cars no one is working.That and I really cant bring myself to vote for the party of wallace and robert byrd.

January 18, 2012 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. MJK

Bought my first house in 1980. 14%. I'm right. Just replying to the garbage you were talking about before. No one should have voted for that racist Wallace. Cars were never at 28% unless you bought it off a corner lot that no credit check was required. Stop it.

January 18, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

That stick was being whittled down long before Obama came into office.
    I just feel that is one is going totalk about how weak Obama's respose was to this drone thing, one should have an answer that is different than that's not my problem.

Guess the question is, WWJD? 😉

January 18, 2012 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

banasy,
    Spell that out.
    I'm not biting it.

January 18, 2012 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Ah, JIF, you give what you get.
      What would Jesus do?

January 18, 2012 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  8. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

Jesus would not need a drone at all. He is omniscient regarding spying, and He commands the angel of death.
    Now:
    WHAT JIF WOULD DO:
    JIF does not have access to Obama's information, but JIF would like to be in a position to demand the drone's return or destroy it where it is with his Big Stick.
    JIF remembers JFK (Democrat) during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
    JIF was scared when JFK demanded that Russia remove the missiles from Cuba. JIF and a few friends considered packing the car and driving to Canada before the bomb came.
    Those who quickly said, "oh, but you can't start WWIII," should remember that the demand that Russia remove the missiles could have done that.
    Never mind that some say the missiles are still in Cuba. I vacation in Barbados and Jamaica.
    Maybe Obama can't say anything at all to Iran.
    JFK opened his mouth to the USSR, which certainly had the bombs that Iran is trying to get.

January 18, 2012 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Banasy knows that the drone is not the same as the Cuban missle crisis, and that comparing the two is comparing apples to oranges.
      Banasy suspects that the drone being in Iran is not an accident, and to not ask for it back would tip of Iran as to its true purpose.
      Banasy is also not privy to Obama's knowledge of the situation, but banasy does know the value of strategic diplomacy.
      Remember that we are not talking about a country that has the weapons that threatened us during the Cold War, but a piece of our property that was in *their* country: a drone.
      Making silly threats that could cause WWIII over a drone is really, really ridiculous, and not at all applicable to what went on during the cold war.
      JFK, were he alive today, would probably not take the same position he did back then over a DRONE!
      A drone is not a nuclear warhead.
      Apples to oranges.

Have a good day at work, JIF.

January 18, 2012 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

JIF has to go out soon and make the donuts so he can pay his bills.

January 18, 2012 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. gung hoe

@ banasy remember . That I would like to treat you and hubby to a ballgame this summer.Thats because it will be a treat to meet the queen, and do I intend to bow before you nope.I intend to shake your hand thats because your my friend,Your the queen of these boards.But it will be truly be a honor of mine to meet you your hubby and chrissie.And I did not start no p i ssing contest neither did jif,that was done by dixon and az.If someone starts attacking me or jif or any of my friends I will respond.

January 18, 2012 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Gung, I was talking about a p!ssing contest between the US and Iran over something as stupid as a drone.

But now that you mention it....

January 18, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

Of course the drone was not there in error.
    The drone is smarter that some people who command ships.

January 18, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  12. gung hoe

Banasy did you happen to notice my one post where i ask you why it is that alot of the times I will be talking with a friend and sure as s hit a person will jump in and try to force their views down my throat.Now I realize this site leans way left,thats why I dont force my views down anybodys throat till they do mine.If I wanted to argue all I have to do is look to the wife!In fact if it continues gung hoe will be outta here,at least till after november.

January 18, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Gung hoe, I remember it and I do not feel I do that in any way, shape, or form...and neither does anyone else here, for that matter.
      We are here to state our views.
      We may not always agree.

January 18, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. gung hoe

@ moma people was working when ford left office,but not when carter left

January 18, 2012 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

Wow, I can't believe that this issue of respectfully bowing to a host in a country it is a protocol has reared it's head yet again. This is not a show of weakness by our country, but of respect. Respect begets Respect. Bottom line. It would be different if he were kowtowing to these leaders. Very big difference.

January 18, 2012 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  15. Scottish Mama

@Bobcat iah I totally agee with you. I think Obama has manners and shows repect. That is why we are getting back some respect worldwide. We had lost that in the past administration.

January 18, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |