Iranian company wants to send toy drone to Obama
An Iranian non-profit company says it will send numerous miniature toy drones to President Barack Obama as a present.
January 18th, 2012

Iranian company wants to send toy drone to Obama

An Iranian non-profit company says it will honor U.S. President Barack Obama's request that Iran return a drone that crashed there last year.

But instead of the actual drone, the company says it will send miniature toy versions. A lot of them.

"We plan to send a full squadron of 12 to the White House for President Obama as a present," said Reza Kioumarsi, a spokesman for the Aaye Art Group, a Tehran-based non-profit, non-governmental company that makes novelty items.

The company is trying to determine what Obama's favorite color is before sending the drones, which are 1/80th the size of the real drone, Kioumarsi said.

In December, Obama said the United States has asked Iran to return the highly classified RQ-170 Sentinel drone.

"We've asked for it back. We'll see how the Iranians respond," Obama said at the time.

This is probably not the response Obama was seeking.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Politics • U.S. • World
  1. Scottish Mama

@gungy buddy, it was hard to find a job in 1974 – 1978, gas prices went up, no things were a mess. I guess our agreeing is now just a memory?lol

January 18, 2012 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

@Scottish Mama

TY It just seems manners is not a social grace that's taught any longer. Therefore, many people obviously don't understand the basis of and need for protocol. The world would be totally diiferent if we could go back to the days of mutual respect. But then again, I am old school.

January 18, 2012 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  3. Scottish Mama

@gung We were coming off a recession. Go look it up. Inflation was high when he took over. Now he could not get a handle on it. Sound familiar?

January 18, 2012 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  4. gung hoe

@ moma sorry I was Just going to tell you you have some very good ideas and that you were the post of the day.Till I got to your last paragraph.

January 18, 2012 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Sorry gung which paragraph? Dang now I cannot be the post of the day.lol Sorry to be the red -headed stepchild. Can't buy your love? Can I get 1/2 post love credit.lol

January 18, 2012 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  5. Scottish Mama

@bobcat iah- I am ole schol too. You know once a person came into the bank I worked in, when I was barely 20. He cursed me and I was so angry I cried after he left.(I was not counting his business' money fast enough, he was in a hurry.) I said nothing and counted to best ability and i was fast. I just think that it adds to the anger to comment then. The next day he came in and said he was sorry he had a bad day and was in a hurry. I think when you add to the chaos, thinks get miscontrued and add to the horror of the original foul. So I did tell him when he came back in if he ever cursed me again, I would close my drawer and go get a manager to take care of him, calmly i said it. That man would come to my line every time he was in the bank, even if he had to wait in line and other tellers were open. lol.

January 18, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

I had some canceled lessons–vulnerability of singers–so I'm leaving later.
    @ Scottish Mama:
    I don't recall your listing the begats of Iranian royalty. Someone corrected my advocacy of returning to the former government as if I might not know that the Shah had died. I'm more up on things than that.

January 18, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  7. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ Scottish Mama

I agree, sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. I was a warehouse manager at one time. The companys president was a real piece of work. He just seemed to live for dogging out his supervisors. It seemed he had singled me out because I always tried to be so nice. Well. one day I had enough and I marched into his office and asked him in a voice loud enough to be heard throughout the office, Have you got something against me personally, or is this just the way you are ? You could have heard apin drop on the carpet in there. Ever since that day, we had total mutual respect.

January 18, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  8. gung hoe

@ the one and only bobcat Like you I am old school.With you being in the service you know protocal,it was stuffed down our throats.With that said does a captain salute a captain no because they are on the same level.But that captain salutes a major,and as you know the captain is not on the same level as the major.With the president a simple handshake wouldve sufficed.

January 18, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Gung, I will reinerate this for you:
      We aretaliking about the heads of state.
      I DO NOT get what your problem is with showing the leaders of another country the respect you would show the captain...if the protocal was to bow every time you encountered the captain instead of saluting, isn't that what you would DO?

January 18, 2012 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ SM

That has also been my "problem ?". I try my best not to deal as I've been dealt, but sometimes there is no other choice.

January 18, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  10. Scottish Mama

@Kandi- democrats in training.lol I always tease gung about turning him to the dark side.lol

January 18, 2012 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  11. Kandi

And i have to admit when i read the post from gung @ Joey and saw *our leadership qualities* i first wanted to puke, then i started laughin cuz all i could picture was the next *bill and teds excellent adventure*!

January 18, 2012 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

gung hoe my friend

The illustration of a captain saluting a captain is not quite the same as a world protocol. As Mama pointed out, when in Rome. Each country has differnt customs. And to know and practice these customs shows a profound respect for the host. That likewise leads to a mutual respect. I still don't see the downside of this.

January 18, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  13. Scottish Mama

@gung did gingrich say how much he his worth and how much he pays on his taxes for his wealth? I would assume he pays 15% just as Romney does.

January 18, 2012 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  14. Kandi

lol @ mama yea i guess, but could you imagine THAT as leadership? I would defect in a new york minute!

January 18, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Scottish Mama

@Kandi- I believe Joey voted for and will again Obama. Gung I am not to sure he is reserve till a candidate emerges that is republican.

January 18, 2012 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |