January 20th, 2012

Critics to attend Penn State board meeting

Members of a Penn State alumni group who opposed how longtime football coach Joe Paterno was fired will question the university's Board of Trustees when it meets Friday.

The meeting is the first by the board since Paterno's controversial firing in November.

The all-time winningest football coach in NCAA Division I history was fired amid the outcry over the handling of accusations against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, who faces more than 50 counts involving sexual acts with 10 boys since 1994. He has pleaded not guilty.

Paterno was alerted of his being fired during a phone call from Steve Garban, chairman of the Board of Trustees.

FULL STORY

Filed under: College football • Football • Jerry Sandusky • Joe Paterno • Penn State • Sports • U.S.
  1. Sandusky and Co. "since 1994"

50 counts (and counting) since 1994. That's a lot of counts and a lot of years. That means a lot of people knew. I'm as much looking forward to seeing those who knew but didn't tell being dragged to Justice as I am in seeing how many more than 50.

January 20, 2012 at 5:51 am | Report abuse |
  2. Illumni to: Penn State U

How dare you dismiss the director of a department under investigation for 50 counts of se xu al impropriety. This is an outrage! The over/under should be at least 100.

January 20, 2012 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jazzy

The current alumnus should be chewing out the Board for doing nothing rather than chewing the board out for firing Sandusky. Penn State also needs to be sued for all the medical expenses incurred as a result of these horrific acts that didn't get investigated till long after the fact.
    @ Sandusky and Co. "since 1994", Good post ūüôā

January 20, 2012 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. hamsta

lets just rename penn state to pedophile state.

January 20, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Hey, hamsta....

....I suggest you shut the hell up. your not funny AT ALL!

January 20, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  5. hamsta

Pennsylvania needs to be renamed.i suggest pedophilia state.

January 20, 2012 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  6. Portland tony

I'm sure glad all pedophilia has been confined to Pennsylvania. Just knowing that my grand kids are safe anywhere but there lets me sleep at night. It so easy to solve the world's problems by commenting here.

January 20, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  7. Latrina

all them peple at that skool where in on it..jus marc my werds. they jus covern for eech ohter.

January 20, 2012 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  8. LatRIneO

yA aND sKol foR KidS tO LeRN.

January 20, 2012 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Latrina

for you"er enformaton/ i went to skool stop you"er haitfullness

January 20, 2012 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  9. Rita

that's funny.

January 20, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  10. hamsta

i didnt know neverland was at psu

January 20, 2012 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  11. hamsta

@heyhamsta wasnt trying to be funny

January 20, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • right back at you

in that case – you ARE funny

January 20, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jazzy

Just like the Alumni that are focusing on their precious Paterno rather than those kids; the bloggers here are focusing in on each other rather than the real Idiots at Penn State.
    Also, I wonder if those Alumi would be standing by Paterno if Sandusky woulda STATUTORLY rayped them.

January 20, 2012 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

@hamsta:

Your post is offenseve, and I'm sure you know that.

Jazzy:

We, the public, must be very careful in going on a witch hunt.
    The people responsible for covering up Sandusky's behavior must be brought to justice.
    It is the differing opinions of exactly who knew about it that is one of the issues.
    Assuming everyone at the university knew about it is is really the point; which is why I take umbrage at hamsta's saying that Penn State and Pennsylvania itself should be re-named Pedophile State and the State of Pedophilia.

Those boys deserve justice, and they shall receive it in spades, hopefully; painting a whole insti tution and a whole state as pedophiles is wrong.

January 20, 2012 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jazzy

Better yet as STATUTORY RAYPE AS WRONG
    Nice try Donna ūüôĀ

January 20, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

@Mary:
      Statuatory ray pe is absulutely wrong, but way to gloss over everything I said because I didn't say statuatory ray pe in my original post.
      And here I thought I was trying to talk to you on an intellectual level.
      I see I can never have an intelligent conversation with you.
      Nice try, Donna, indeed.

January 20, 2012 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

I like sports,lots of sweaty young men.

January 20, 2012 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |