Supreme Court rejects court-drawn Texas redistricting map
January 20th, 2012

Supreme Court rejects court-drawn Texas redistricting map

The Supreme Court has tossed out the Texas redistricting map for congressional and legislative seats drawn up a federal court, giving a partial victory to GOP lawmakers.

At issue were competing maps for the Texas state legislature and Congress – created first by Republican lawmakers that favored their political base and later by a federal judicial panel to give minorities greater voting power.

The map drawn by the federal judicial panel had been imposed after Democrats and minority groups in Texas challenged the Republican lawmakers' plan, which Texas' GOP-led state legislature approved.

1. banasy©

I'll leave that opinion up to you.

January 20, 2012 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bubba‚ĄĘ

At least they are not relying on hanging chads this time

January 20, 2012 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. ? about his charachter, you mean.

Afghanistan will remain occupied no matter who gets "voted" in. Just as it has for decades. End of story.

January 20, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

@about his charachter, you mean:
      Typical.
      Nice back pedalling.

January 20, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. hawkeye

As a nation its on our money,in god we trust.And may god be with our nation should obama get reelected.As the potus put it, we no longer are a christian nation.Well that may be so in his eyes /muslim / but that is not the nation i served for.

January 20, 2012 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Um........huh?

He's not Muslim, you bloody idiot. Keep drinking the GOP kool-aid. Now, bring up his birth certificate, and oh, yeah, don't disappoint us by not mentioning that he's bi-racial. Christ on a stick!

January 20, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

Why is this even legal ? They are bending the rules in an attempt to shut out voters. Let them do what they will. It's still going to be another four years for President Obama, and a majority democrat congress ansd senate to boot.

January 20, 2012 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Hi, bc(iah).
      What's up?

My Kumbaya time has apparently expired.

January 20, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ hawkeye

You also forgot to mention that he is the anti-christ. What other talking points do you believe. Here's one for you. The sky is not blue.

January 20, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. tony

The Texas Oil Barons fighting for our Freedom!!!. Ordinary Americans SHALLl be Slaves!

January 20, 2012 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat (in a hat)©

Hey banasy

Just another day at scratcing post. Yep, kumbaya is over. Time to bring the artillery back out.
    This does make you wonder though if this going to involve the SC again. No more chads to hang, so I wonder what the issue will be this time!?

January 20, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Now, see, bc(iah), you got the whole gist of what I was trying to say, didn't you, when I was talking about the popular vote in the 2000 election.
      Dis you see me bring up Kerry at all?
      Just one "oops, I misread" would do wonders.

January 20, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Top Ten items one might find inside of Newt's colon.

No "backpeddle". No matter how right you think it is to "bring the troops home" from AFGHANISTAN, it's not going to happen until China drinks every drop of the Caspian Basin's oil. Until then, US troops will serve as Carlyle Group guard dogs.

January 20, 2012 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

I meant something completely different, and you know it.
      I wasn't even talking about Afghanistan, and you know it.
      You are singling me out again, and you know it.
      You have lied yo me again, and you know it.

January 20, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

Philip – time for the Carlyle Group to get their own military contractors(lBlackwater) and stop using our boys for oil purposes.

January 20, 2012 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Scottish Mama

Hanging' Bubba's.

January 20, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Scottish Mama

Hey Banasy, I think he was really trying to stike up conversation.

January 20, 2012 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

Really? Because he completely said something totally different when I clearly was talking about the 2000 election.
      I don't mind conversation starters, when we're on the same page.
      We were four YEARS not on the same page.
      If I am going to be told I implied something, I'd like it to be in the ballpark of what I was actually talking about.
      He singled me out, plain and simple.
      And on a totally different topic.

January 20, 2012 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

I think he got Kerry and Gore years mixed up. And yes I thought he chose what you said and wanted to respond. He thought it was Kerry, he was trying to play devils advocate. He choses you, as his friend and advisary. Maybe you should be flattered? I do not know, only Philip will be able to tell you when he is ready. Many people as I do like your posts and respect you, as I do, I also think he does to. I have always said this, he reminds me of the boys who used to pull my hair, spit water or put tacks on my seat at catholic school. My mom always said they like you. Think where Philip is at. He says it all the time, his growth is stuck at what age? You will understand. Patients and friendship will keep you blood pressure down. Love, Scottish

January 20, 2012 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

And my opinion on bringing home the troops IS right...whether it fooking happens or not.
    One can dream.

January 20, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. banasy©

You know what?
    Water under the bridge (ha!).
    I'm going to have to get used to the fact that my opinion is mine, and someone will always play devil's advocate.
    I guess that's what a "lively and courteous discussion" (ha!) means.

I just don't care what one thinks.
    F 'em.

January 20, 2012 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Scottish Mama

Just seen this. devils advocate.lol

January 20, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobcat (in a hat)©

@banasy©
    I never once saw anything relating to Kerry. I think an apology is warranted here.
    And of course the troops shpuld be brought home. The purpose of our deploment is complete.

January 20, 2012 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |