January 20th, 2012

Syria seethes as protests persist

Syria smoldered Friday as anti-government demonstrators poured into the streets and the Arab League mulled an extension of its monitoring mission.

Protesters focused their attention on political prisoners and demanded the release of detainees. At least 10 people were slain in clashes Friday, according to the Local Coordination Committees of Syria, an opposition activist group.

For more than 10 months, Syria has been in the throes of an anti-government public uprising and a brutal security crackdown against protesters. The United Nations last month estimated well over 5,000 deaths since mid-March. Opposition groups estimate more than 6,000 people have died.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Syria
  1. Kandi

lol bobcat i think he was talking about himself seething not a country.

January 20, 2012 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bobcat (in a hat)©

@Kandi

Oh.

January 20, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. TORI©

@bobcat and @kandi, when I first read the title of the blog, I thought the word seethed was a poor choice of words. A nation can not seethe but it's people can be seething.

January 20, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. TORI©

My posts about the impossibility of a nation seething keeps be deleted.What's up with that CNN?

January 20, 2012 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. TORI©

Typo on my part,that should be keeps being.

January 20, 2012 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

@TORI©

Cnn is just getting to be some picky little buggers. You must have used a word that's on their do not post list. Like you can't say consti tution without breaking it up, because of the t-i-t. Now how stupid is that ?

January 20, 2012 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

I'm seething over it...

January 20, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TORI©

@bobcat, thanks for that tidbit.You aren't kidding about nitpicking. I now see that one of my posts is "awaiting moderation." Can't wait to see what my infraction is.

January 20, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat)©

@TORI©
    Awaiting moderation means you most likely won't see your comment here. They've done that to me several times. So, I just say FINE, Bite me.

January 20, 2012 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat)©

@banasy©
    Breathe in, breath out. Enhance the calm.

January 20, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. TORI©

@bobcat, well they darn well can bite me.I'm still a newbie blogger, learning my way around.

January 20, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. bobcat (in a hat)©

@TORI©
    Stick with us kid, we'll show you the ropes. Not too full of myself am I ? LOL
    And whatever you've got say, say it. Some people won't like it, but oh well.

And some people on here have a difficult time recognizing sarcasm. So you may want to inform them of that also.

January 20, 2012 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
  13. TORI©

@bobcat,thank you for your kindness and help. No sir, you aren't full of yourself. I in the real world,am known as the sarcasm princess. It must be tedious to have to remind people every time. I'm in! Now if we can just keep the trolls away.

January 20, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  14. bobcat (in a hat)©

@TORI©
    It does get tedious. But there are times I leave my sarcasm acknoledgement out just to see what kind of reaction I get. I been called everything when I do that. Then I just sit back and laugh my butt off. I get creul that way sometimes. But it sure is funny.
    As far as the trolls, that's never going to happen.

January 20, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. WE THE PEOPLE

I PLEDGE ALIGENCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FOR WHICH IT STANDS ONE NATION UNDER GOD INDIVISABLE WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

January 21, 2012 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |