January 26th, 2012

Glen Campbell's 'Goodbye' takes detour to Grammys

Music star Glen Campbell, who launched his "Goodbye Tour" last year, will be honored with a special tribute at the Grammy Awards next month, a source involved in the show said.

Campbell, 75, revealed in June that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, but he has continued to tour with several of his children backing him up.

"I am flattered, I really am," Campbell told CNN in a recent interview concerning the Lifetime Achievement Award with which he'll be presented by the Recording Academy during the Grammy telecast next month.

Campbell, who won five Grammys during his recording career, will be joined by current Grammy nominees Blake Shelton and The Band Perry for a live performance, the source said.

FULL STORY

Filed under: U.S.
  1. gung hoe

Mr campbell Thankyou so much for a lifetime of entertainment.I can remember as a child crawling up on the couch watching the glen campbell variety hour.Nothing but good memories.Thanks again and may the lord be with you

January 26, 2012 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  2. rooney©

Aw, I wish him well. Alzheimer's is a horrible disease. It's especially hard on the ill person's family.

January 26, 2012 at 5:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. raven

In my early twenties I went to school in Mesa, Az. My roommate and I got a job babysitting for a family with three(rotten) kids there. We eventually found out that the mother was Glens daughter.She was a flight attendant and was gone for days sometimes.Once, when we had to spend the night,the phone rang precisely at midnight; when I answered I was surprised to be serenaded with the Happy Birthday Song.Turns out, it was Glen calling to wish his daughter happy birthday.That was the closest I've ever been to meeting a celebrity.I felt important for days.How embarrassing.

January 26, 2012 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  4. raven

Also, we spent some time snooping thru a closet in the family room.(that room was off limits because there were lots of pics of her and Glen with many a list stars.NEVER tell a twenty something babysitter a rooms off limits.and why cal it a FAMILY room?? I digress)We found a demo tape the daughter had made.Curious and bored, we checked it out to hear how well she could sing.
    She can't.(sorry, Deb).

January 26, 2012 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  5. Free Speech CNN! Learn it!

Welcome to the new world CNN! Its called Free Speach! Censorship of comments to articles is a violation of the 1st Ammendment. Especially when, such comments are in complete compliance with your so called "Terms of Service."

January 26, 2012 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Troll Rep

Yay! Preach it, brother! Power to the people, right on!

January 26, 2012 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. Deaconessa

Why the cut and paste on every thread? Everybody gets their comments censored. Why do you think you're any different? Do you think that it's also free speech when the trolls come on and talk about poop and teabagging your mother? It is free speech, but no one wants to read about poop...

January 26, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  7. real American

I thought he was dead already.

January 26, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. the Internet Comic

Glen Campbell. He's great. I hope they show the clip of him singing at Moses's bah mitzvah. BDUMP-BUMP. Hey, they'd better show it, because I'll bet you anything he doesn't remember. BDUMP-BUMP. CHING.

Hey, thank you. I'm here all week. Try the veal.

Hey, thank you. I'm here all week. Try the veal.

January 26, 2012 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Oh, but this post is twisted.
      Hilarious, but twisted.