February 11th, 2012

Whitney Houston dead at 48

Legendary singer Whitney Houston has died at age 48, her representative Kristen Foster said.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. squirlygirl

I feel numb, I pray it is not true,but if so, Whitney, my heart is full of grief, I honestly prayed for you to regain your blessed life and be the shining example we looked up to you to be for so many years, I mourn with the world over this great and painful loss, my sympothy to Mother Houston and her daughter Bobbi Kristina, please, please Bobbi find your way back, dont let the demons win, your mother could not beat her demons, God bless us all through this

February 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Robin

Another victim of fame. Couple fame with Bobby Brown, hard core drugs, drinking and the result is a young death. She'd most likely still be alive if she were never propelled to Hollywood fame and was still singing in church and living near her family.

February 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. david no better

drugs kills period

February 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frenzy Shariff

She was such an inspiration to masses,you nothing should over shadow that ,people why cant you stop passing judgement ,are you holier to and if you not y would mention the drugs,R.I.P Whitney

February 12, 2012 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Don

You're right ! This could have been prevented. It's very sad that the world loses way too many very talented people that are born with a gift from God. I'm not sure what the policies are in the entertainment business for drug usage, but the big companies must be loosing many billions of dollars for entertainers that that have invested and die prematurely for drug usage. In the "real world" of most companies, there is a zero tolerance policy and many do drug testing for their personnel . Pro athletes are "entertainers" and they have drug testing. Hollywood and the entertainment business needs to wake up and enforce these type of policies. For the betterment of the American culture, the American Icons and Superstar celeberties that are role models and should be required to have a larger responsibility to the fans, to the companies that invest in them, and to themselves if they want to have that role. My prayers go out to the family, friends, and fans of Whitney Houston.

February 12, 2012 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
    • leo johnson

It's sad how someone can judge someone we as people go through situations that get out of control , were human beings . Whitney will always out weight her negitives with the many blessings she left behind that are positive. She was a goddes a queen a diva and most of all a mom.

February 12, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jeff

MSNBC is also reporting the Death of Whitney Houston... I doubt CNN and MSNBC would report if it was not true. As far as Whitney goes well she fought a long time battle in her marriage and with drugs. She lost her voice and body and then her life. May she now rest in the arms of Angels and find the peace she desperately needed.

February 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Vox

I like when she flew to israel, got out of corporate jet, and say "I love Israel. My land. " hahahhahahahhah.

February 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bubba in Compton

Weez be gettin' crackheads dying befoe day be thirty round here. I be surmprisededed that Whitney crack ho live this long. 48 be a lotta years fo a crack ho to survive. Way to go Whit nay! Who say crack shortens lifespan now! Smoke it up. Gotz any weed?

February 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. LC

TO: All the people posting such nasty comments about her, WOW, you are DISGUSTING!!!

February 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ginger

Well said, and I agree!

February 11, 2012 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jamie

very sad to read people poking fun, regardless, she was a human being with a loving family. we all have short comings and some of us have demons that we cannot beat. this woman was a powerhouse and unfortunatey gone before her time! thoughts go out to the family, may you find the strenghth that she clearly did not have. R.I.P Whitney

February 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • LC

Well said!

February 11, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bachir alao

rest in peace sweet whitney..

February 11, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Zach

Definitely the best voice of my generation in terms of pure musical talent, no one could touch her in her prime. Whitney will be missed, it's always a tragedy when anyone dies before their time and especially when it was almost certainly something that could have been prevented. RIP Whitney, many prayers for your family and friends....

February 11, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  11. linda hicks

I am very overwhelmed. but now she will rest peacefully.

February 11, 2012 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jim J

Hope she's okay.

February 11, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • daveogilvy

Ummmm...she's dead.

February 11, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • deb syracuse

So many memories, do not want to believe. Wish she had known the special gift she gave to so many.

February 11, 2012 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. R.KING

The stars are falling.......

February 11, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Rhonda Brown

God has chosen the best for His heveanly choir....Sing on sister, I will always love you.

February 11, 2012 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kathleen

Oh, please. Do you really have to put such cheap sentiments onto a great star?

February 11, 2012 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |