February 11th, 2012

Whitney Houston dead at 48

Legendary singer Whitney Houston has died at age 48, her representative Kristen Foster said.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. virginia anderson

It is so unfortunate that another wonderful singer and person is gone.I loved her unconditionally. Her soulful sounds were so beautiful. My prayers are with her daughter. May god bless her. Love you Whitney.

February 11, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jenna

She was such a beautiful singer she will not be forgotten. She was amazing untill Bobby brown came in to her life she was such a good girl. She a good voice. R.I.P Whitney she was an beautiful girl.

February 11, 2012 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Brooklyn

Rest in peace Whitney. Your voice will be missed.

February 11, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Danman

Bev. Hills PD just confirmed death

February 11, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  5. angela

rest in peace whitney

February 11, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Precious Enendu

These songs..I look to you,I didn't know my own strength, I will always love you, when you believe, on my own, where do broken hearts go to...are my favourite hits. I've always hoped that someday in life I'll meet Whitney Houston bt nw she's gone. God why?? Now I have to live with endless pain. A rare gym is gone for life! But not without leaving her footprints, atleast, that's my only consolation. U will always be my hero..I love you.

February 11, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  7. kakha from Georgia

Queen of Pop did not have
    It is very hard for me to believe it
    Thank you for everything. Always remember the legendary songs. You are not dying, you are still alive in our hearts. I love you and pray for you ..... you would only be 48. keep the light in your soul. (((((((((((

February 11, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Christian Stewart

what a great loss I remember playing the I believe the children are the future on the xylophone in the 6th grade Damn God rest her soul such a great loss the music world will never be the same what an icon I am deeply sadden my insides are hurting and I find it difficult to type. But I have to pay her homage

February 11, 2012 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  9. James Jackson

I like how all these people get sad over the death of someone they never knew who died of self abuse. Most celebrities, including Whitney are just in the spotlight for the cash. People should stop acting as if the death of a singer has profoundly impacted our world, it hasn't, nor did any of her songs or "contributions" Anyone who has the means to live a better life and rather decides to destroy their own life with vices is garbage. End of story.

February 11, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reason above feelings

I agree. I'm not shocked or saddened just very apathetic. Yes it's a loss to her family and prayers to deal and cope are in order It might be personal for some "touched" by her music but for myself I'm VERY cynical by nature. Soldiers die daily, children die of starvation, Mothers die from disease, families die in war. It's sad how much importance we place in one person who's positive change for the world only served them-self, just because they are famous this is news?....... Eh.......

February 11, 2012 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • letstrylove

Sir you are just a heartless human being period!

February 12, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  10. Key

There are no words to describe the pain in my heart for Whitney's death. Her music heals all pain and strengthens all truths. God knows she suffers soooo much and though I don't know the woman personally her music for me was her and I simply love them. Oh and her children, those lovely children My God I know there are no mistakes in your doing so I pray for understanding for all those who are asking WHY! May her family find refuge in the fact that true Whitney fan know, love and will always remember her through her music – the true passion shined through it, Those who love her so deep but never met her knew her through her music. My deepest condolences to her family and friends.

February 11, 2012 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. squirlygirl

We should not blame anyone for this tragedy with Whitney, we all make our own choices, we choose who we will love, some of our choices determine our destinies and some choices of love determine our fate as well, the tragedy here is that Whitney was given great wealth and with that comes great responsibility. Sometimes, we may appear strong on the outside, but, will be very weak on the inside. Whitney Houston was bound by her demons, they would not allow her to excape their hold because they too knew that she was weak on the inside, I pray for the strength of her daughter, that she can also beat her own demons. Regardless to all that, God knew her plight and has allowed her to come home and away from the torture that was her reality, she is free now!. Everyone on this earth should re-examine their existence, God is speaking to all of us, are we listening? Whitney knew God and he knew her. I will always love you Ms. Whitney, you were the best I ever heard! To God Be The Glory

February 11, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  12. James - Toronto Canada

I wasn't a huge fan. But even i could see she was a true artist and had touched many with her music My thoughts and prayers to family friends and fans

February 11, 2012 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Darrin

You were/are so much a part of my life, thank you Whitney.

February 11, 2012 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Denise Smith

Tragic. Heart-breaking. Untimely. My prayers for her family and friends. What a lost.

February 11, 2012 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. James Craddock

Sometimes you'll laugh
    Sometimes you'll cry
    Life never tells us, the when's or why's
    When you've got friends, to wish you well
    You'll find your point when
    You will exhale...