February 11th, 2012

Whitney Houston dead at 48

Legendary singer Whitney Houston has died at age 48, her representative Kristen Foster said.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. tributor

Lit candle for her at:

February 12, 2012 at 5:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. Bobby

Just because she was a famous singer, y'all saying "what a shame!" – Well, it was a shame she was doing DRUGS!! Sure, it's sad that she has died, but I find it hard to have sympathy for someone who abused themselves with hardcore drugs, knowing the risks!!

February 12, 2012 at 5:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. tributor

RIP.
    Lit candle for her at:

February 12, 2012 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
  4. tributor

R.I.P.
    Lit candle for her at:

February 12, 2012 at 5:43 am | Report abuse |
  5. victoria

The world has no idea how special this woman is(was) to me. She inspired me as a mother. i`m so saddened by her death and l don`t know if l can ever get over it!. I`ve refused to take it in. She can`t leave now...she just can`t. O GOD help me take this in!

February 12, 2012 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
  6. tributor

R.I.P. R.I.P
    Lit candle for her at:

February 12, 2012 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. Nancy E-Boyer

The world has truly lost a legend. What a voice! RIP Whitney Houston. My heartfelt condolenses to her family for their huge loss.

February 12, 2012 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  8. rose

The world will miss Whitney. She had a voice like no other. My heart goes out to the family and friends. It is so hard to believe she is gone as i read it across the TV screen, i had to turn it to CNN to hear it to have any belief that she was really gone. I still can not grasp it is real. My prayers go out, God Bless All.

February 12, 2012 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  9. Nickie

True legend, going to miss you Whitney, I will always live you!!! Rest in peace <3

February 12, 2012 at 8:11 am | Report abuse |
  10. Debbie from Illinois

I send my sympathy, and heartfelt love through Jesus Christ, TO: Whitney's Mom, Cissy, Whitney's Daughter, Bobbi Kristina, and to ALL Whitney's family and friends. She was a Christian woman and wasn't ashamed to tell the world. Her gifts given to her by God, she shared with the world to make them happy! Whitney was so beautiful, but her real beauty was inside her heart and soul. "I Will Always Love You", she now sings from Heaven to all who enjoyed her voice! God's Blessing to everyone who is feeling the loss of the fabulous, awesome – WHITNEY HOUSTON!!!!!!!

February 12, 2012 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  11. Karla Clark

Whitney Houston meant so much to me as a little girl. She was my vocal inspiration. I was enthralled with her vocal freedom, inspired by her unbridled vocal passion and performance, and encouraged by her purpose to "lift" hearts through her songs. Her singing was like a healing salve for the intangible aches.
    Thank you Whitney.

February 12, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  12. Kaitlyn

The cause of death has not been determined so to those saying it couldve been prevented shut up. Just be respectful of her, her family, and her legacy.

February 12, 2012 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  13. Sonia

i was so blessed to meet Whitney while working for a major airline. I could see what a beautiful sole she was. i will always remember the moment I saw her, remarkable!, stunning, pure magic The greatest of my time. Please let her rest in peace. She will be missed always!

February 12, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. Loss for words

After coming out (of the closet) in 1987, Whitney's songs helped me through a lot of heartaches. She was a source of spiritual and musical inspiration to me. God bless you, Whitney.

February 12, 2012 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  15. leo johnson

Whitney we will miss you dearly , our nation and our world was blessed to have a queen of pop,and r&b in our lives. You are gone to soon at a very young age but certianly will not be forgotten. R.i.p.

February 12, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |