February 11th, 2012

Whitney Houston dead at 48

Legendary singer Whitney Houston has died at age 48, her representative Kristen Foster said.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. rc

The entire article is one sentence?

February 11, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • cr

u got a problem wiv dah?

February 11, 2012 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sharon

I agree...I initially thought there was something wrong with my computer. CNN should have just stopped at the headline until there was enough info for a story. It's sad but I will not be surprised if her death was drug related. Such a ltragic loss of what was once an incredible talent. RIP Whitney.

February 11, 2012 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mary

I feel so blessed to have worked with Whitney I have nothing but fond memories of her coming to London back in the 80's when I worked for the BBC
    She had the voice of an angel and a sweet heart and that's the memory I will kept forever

February 11, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. tj

So sad. Of course it wouldn't say of what at age 48 anyway. So many demons with drugs and alcohol! Wonderfully gifted but never enough. I wish you peace.

February 11, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mrs Dee

Unbelievable...We have lost another great from my childhood. Whitney had the voice of an Angel and touched so many people. Unfortunately trouble plagued the latter part of her life I was routing for her to pull through and make full recovery and comeback. RIP Whitney you are at peace!!!

February 11, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. clarke

Oh my, I just thought she was the greatest . May she finally rest in peace, Prayers to her family and friends.

February 11, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Deitra Butts

She was our Whitney! THE singer of my generation!!!!

February 11, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jason

I wish there were more details and a second source for the story. So many news agencies are picking this up but NONE have details. Can someone do some journalism here?

February 11, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. pcooper

How terribly sad. 🙁

February 11, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  9. The King

Shocking! No one could have forseen this!!

February 11, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • whoknew

She did serious hard drugs............doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it.

February 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Natalia

RIP Whitney Houston! We will always love you! Thank you......

February 11, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Cjw

Some people carry with them a lot of pain. Drugs become a way of masking it. In her case substance abuse may have caught up to her.
    We don't have any details as of yet. It's hard to know what happened.

February 11, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. DuCa12

may your spirits rest with the angels above that your soul no longer sufficates with addiction and that you get to make peace with yourself and who you may believe in for when your at the gates of heaven youll know that nothing is to worry and you embrace the love with open arms

February 11, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Chenalingdong

I told my mom the first thing she asked was "was it a drug overdose?". That's a great legacy there.

February 11, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  14. andy

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII will always love youuuuuuuuuuuuu.

February 11, 2012 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |