February 12th, 2012

Greece Parliament to vote on austerity measures

The parliament in Greece is expected to vote Sunday on austerity measures demanded in return for a new eurozone bailout of the debt-stricken country.

In a speech Saturday evening, Prime Minister Lucas Papademos urged the Cabinet to approve the deal, warning of "social explosion, chaos" if it fails.

"The state will not be able to pay salaries and pensions or import basic goods" such as medicine and fuel, he warned, adding that "unemployment, which is currently unacceptably high, would increase even higher."

Ultimately, Papademos said, if parliament rejects the deal, Greece - already in the midst of a prolonged recession - would be "bankrupted and out of the eurozone."

Parliamentary approval would pave the way for the eurozone finance ministers to sign off on the new €130 billion ($172.6 billion) bailout deal.

Greece needs the funds in order to meet €14.5 billion in debt repayments due next month.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Greece • World
  1. chrissy

lmao ok dazzle, maybe it wont take you 3 days even! But you will get a good laugh, or totally p**sd off!

February 12, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Philip

@G/A. Thanx. If we were ever allowed to excercise our existing right to punlicly audit the federal reserve system operating here in the USA, we would then know exactly where we stood, what exactly we needed to do to recover, and the exact names of the people in our gov. who are accomplices so that we could ax them. Nice to meet you.

February 12, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Philip

@G/A. I like youir style. You had me at 'ass'. he he.

February 12, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chrissy

@ philip, i thought we already established that WITHOUT the approval of congress, Obama can not order an audit of the federal reserve! So how then can you place the blame on him?

February 12, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. hamsta

@chrissy jobs are everywhere-if you cant find a job it just means that you are either stupid or dont want a job.

February 12, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  6. hamsta

@dazzle greece is broke because they have a welfare mentality.thomas jefferson said it best when he said freedom stops when those that dont work outweigh those that do work.sorry i couldnt immediately respond to your uninformed critique because i was busy with one of my various jobs.maybe thats why chrissy cant find a job because she thinks its normal to waste every day sitting behind a computer.she might find jobs are everywhere if she could step away from the computer long enough to seriously look for a job.

February 12, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@hamsta, first of all, you are full of fecal matter. The situation in Greece is not a matter of a "welfare mentality. Secondly, "uninformed critique" that's a laugh riot coming from someone who has the IQ of a dead plant. Finally, how dare you make a presumption about Chrissy? That is unkind and untrue!! Step away from Fox News, that trash is killing what few brain cells you have left.

February 12, 2012 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Ya know hamsta, i am NOT stupid or lazy! I support myself and have since i was l4, and i dont appreciate your remark just now! I put myself thru school, supported 5 kids, only 3 of which were mine. Without the help of anyone especially a jack ass like you

February 12, 2012 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

And i am STILL supporting myself, without assistance from ANYONE! And i dont sit around and whine like you do about all the things i dont have! Maybe if you knew HALF of what you think you do you would get further. Guess that makes you the stupid one!

February 12, 2012 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chrissy

Also while i worked l6 hour days in an electronics manufacturing plant i socked enough money away to buy my own business. I wont get rich from it but i do ok, not that its any of your business! AND i still manage to help people less fortunate than me!

February 12, 2012 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

lmao @ dazzle, didnt even take you 24 hours, im way impressed gf! And yea a laundromat/drycleaners aint gonna make me rich, but it keeps me self sufficient! Plus computor repair on the side!

February 12, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@chrissy, my idiot meter figured this one out quickly.Wow, 2 businesses that are always in demand, impressive!! Self sufficiency at its Best.

February 12, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy ©

What we have here is a person who is so very bitter that he didn't get a government handout, that he is angry as hell over the ones who were smart enough to fill out the paperwork correctly.
    Hard work, as illustrated above by chrissy, is its own reward, but then, how about the people who are in their 70's who have lost all and have no way to recover?
    I guess the underpass is good enough for them, right?
    Hopefully, some of those that are so full of hatred that they've lost their humanity will find themselves in such a position in *their* 70's...and the people around them will have the exact same, unfeeling, hateful stance.
    I would rather have a bleeding heart than no heart at all.

February 12, 2012 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. chrissy

True banasy, but ya know even tho at this very moment i despise hamsta intensly if he were to approach me hungry or cold, i most likely would still help him. Mr jack of all trades, and master of nothing that he is!

February 12, 2012 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

And i refuse to get sucked into his vortex of negativity! No matter how hard he tries!

February 12, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy ©

Ah, chrissy, I tend to view his writings as an endless source of amusement that I'm sure is unintended, but is the end result.
      Remember "Jabberwocky" from 'Alice in Wonderland'?
      Just as nonsensical.

February 12, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy ©

Dear dazzle©, you will soon learn that this particular person fabricates so much, he cannot keep his stories straight.
    And that's fine, because it keeps our minds sharp: "spot the inconsistancies" is a game I often play.
    It really is amusing.
    Please give my regards to the lovely TORI ©, and tell her I shall get in touch with her, via email, soon.

February 12, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

Hi @banasy, Tori will call me when her flight lands in CDG. She will love getting an email from you. LOL on this particular person..He probably has various names but he is rotten to the core.

February 12, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chrissy

lmao yea people always have dirty clothes dont they? Plus gives me lots of time to play on my computor with the festival of idiots! Roflmmfao!

February 12, 2012 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@chrissy, I am very loyal to my dry cleaner. In my line of work, I have to wear a lot of suits. I go to this business,not because it's less expensive. They do a great job and they remember every detail about you and it comes from the heart. I do my own laundry, but many of my neighbors take theirs in. LOL on the computer angle. Someone like him would freak out if he was told,"I know what is on your computer."

February 12, 2012 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |