February 13th, 2012

Judge to rule on Sandusky request to ease house arrest

A Pennsylvania judge is expected to rule Monday on whether to ease restrictions in the house arrest of former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky that would allow him visit with his grandchildren while he awaits trial on child sex abuse charges.

Sandusky has been under house arrest since December when he was charged with sexually abusing young boys over a 15-year period, allegations that led to the firing of the Nittany Lions heralded head football coach Joe Paterno only months before he died of complications from lung cancer.

Judge John Cleland has said he is aiming for a May 14 trial for Sandusky, who has been under house arrest as part of his conditional bail release.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Crime • Justice • U.S.
  1. gung hoe

Aww poor jerry chain him up in front yard see if he likes that

February 13, 2012 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

GM, gung hoe.
      Chain him out there like a junkyard dog?
      Now, there's an idea.

February 13, 2012 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  2. Philip

I wish the judge would rule that the secret recording made by one of the young men Sandusky humped be admissable as evidence. Mrs. Sandusky had an affair with this young man too, and it was her voice he recorded...speaking openly of her husbands many bisaxual affairs. That, or allow her to be waterboarded for info.

February 13, 2012 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

I wish the judge wouldn’t give preferential treatment to this “man”.
    I wish that the man both Sandusky’s humped would have spoken out earlier, and perhaps that 10 year old boy would have been saved from the horrific shower scene.

February 13, 2012 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  4. leeintulsa

i thought easing of restrictions came after you'd served some time.. like parole..

or are they still trying to say innocent until proven guilty..?

February 13, 2012 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

He shouldn't even be OUT on bail.
      He shouldn't be allowed near children, whether he is related to them or not.
      Time for Pennsylvania to re-vamp some of their bail laws...

February 13, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  5. Greek American

@banasy
    Yeah I agree with you and the others here. It shocks me that this guy is allowed to be out on bail until his trial.

February 13, 2012 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  6. Superman

Goes to show money is path to freedom how much did that coast sandy? ITS TIME TO PUT HIM ON SHAKE DOWN STREET

February 13, 2012 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  7. Katie W.

To lessen the restrictions of a pedifile to allow him access to children is unconcionable! There is just NO scenario where that makes any sense! I pray the Judge is as outraged as the rest of us that Sandusky's lawyers would even ATTEMPT such a thing!

February 16, 2012 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  8. Edith

Despite the fact that I don't even have a real website/blog yet, my nfsiets coaching program for busy moms and dads is out there and it is making a difference. Part of that is due to working with Andy in a 5 week Biz Blitz.Thanks Andy and BTW, , I will be getting around to that website, sometime in the next six months. But for now I'm doing what I can and about 25 people are in my testing phase of this 60 day coaching program. I've gotten some really great feedback and I'm pretty excited about it. I've written 40 days of coaching material and 3 workout videos and whether or not it's epic, people are getting healthy and fit. My Facebook page is up to 700+ fans and I've got about 250 people on my list. Not epic, but for me it's a great start.Keep chugging away and believe that you can (preaching to myself here too).

April 22, 2012 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |