February 13th, 2012

President Obama will present his 2013 budget plan Monday

When President Barack Obama rolls out his 2013 budget proposal Monday, it's likely to unleash another round of political finger-pointing on Capitol Hill.

The White House bills the document as a "blueprint for how we can rebuild an economy where hard work pays off and responsibility is rewarded."

While the White House and Democrats are advocating a balanced approach to economic growth - including spending cuts, increased tax revenue and investments in rebuilding infrastructure such as highways and bridges, Republicans will argue for deeper spending cuts and lower tax rates.

Both sides contend that their positions will bring the economic growth needed to stimulate significant reductions in the federal deficit and rising national debt.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Economy • Politics • U.S.
  1. AMERICA 1st

I wonder how much of the hardworking taxpayers money is going to be wasted this year by nobama. Nobama, the most tax and spend tax collector-in-chief in recent memory! I bet with those ears, he can hear the sound of dollar bills being shuffled a mile away!

February 13, 2012 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  2. AMERICA 1st

If the government would stop wasting the million of the hardworking taxpayers dollars in the 3rd world banana countries overseas, get manufacturing back into the USA where it belongs, and get rid of and stop patronizing the illegal garbage that get into the USA, we'd have an abundant amount of cash to fix the roads and bridges. The USA should be taken care of 1st!

February 13, 2012 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

It's not that simple.
      "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."
      Drink a little more deeply.

February 13, 2012 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
  3. gung hoe

With the gas taxes we should have roads made of gold .Other than that were broke.Hey mr president can i write checks like the government oh please.Oh thats right I forget you would throw me in jail.

February 13, 2012 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ gung hoe:
    Good morning.
    I wish that gas taxes went directly to roads. I wouldn't have to slow down so often on Manhattan streets to avoid tearing my car apart in potholes.
    Ultimately, our taxes go to citizens who will not do the hard work that you and I choose to do. Otherwise, we might not have streets paved with gold, but every now and then we could have a nicely gilded stoplight.

February 13, 2012 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  5. hamsta

its an election year so obama is going to turn in a budget FOR THE FIRST TIME DURING HIS PRESIDENCY.dont be fooled,its just a trick.as far as the economy the president did say "ENERGY PRICES WILL NECESARILLY RISE."while he adjusts his policies to make that happen.so there you have it chrissy,there is one rich man im blaming for taking dinner from my plate.in fact obama hit me with the double whammy.i have to put my lunch money in the gas tank while the food stamp president redistributes my wealth to some sl?t who cant stop spitting out kids.

February 13, 2012 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy ©

Hamsta, why are you bringing Chrissy's name up?
      She disagrees with you.
      Get over it.

February 13, 2012 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. Mary

I see you didn't get any sleep Joey. The 3am post on the Greece blog is kinda on time for you to post. Everything ok?

February 13, 2012 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  7. the Prophet

Another fiasco from Capital Hill socialists, like the last one the housing settlement 25 billions. People wake up the whole thing is fraud beginning with paying property tax on a home. Property tax in this country must be abolished the government has no right to put theirs hands in our homes. Think of using the money one is not paying for property tax and use it for their family and kids development and education. How to offset this? simple a national products tax of 19% of consume goods.

February 13, 2012 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  8. the Prophet

fascists

February 13, 2012 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

I just saw another of hamsta's equally candid posts removed from the "questions" site.
    Sometimes it takes an angry person to let down his guard and "just tell it like it is."
    My writing style is very different from hamsta's, and he has never given the slightest indication that he likes mine.
    However, I think that everybody who cares enough to post here should have his opinion considered.

February 13, 2012 at 7:20 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

A perpetually angry person eventually self-destructs.

February 13, 2012 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  10. the Prophet

What all Americans should do is stop paying for their houses mortgage and property tax the government will collapse in second fiscal year... lol

February 13, 2012 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
    • AzPatriot

@ the Prophet: wow, you are a little nutty.

February 13, 2012 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ Mary:
    Thank you for your support and concern.
    I didn't know that my nighttime Greek post went through, so I also thank you for that information.
    I was surprised by the response to my imaginative scenario for PED's presidency. Philip knows that I am fond of him, and that I get a kick from his notions.
    I sometimes check the board and respond to get back to sleep during the night. Yes, Mary, everything is good here, but I know that you pray for me anyway.

February 13, 2012 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  12. Philip

Can anyone here honestly say where our Federal income tax dollars go?

February 13, 2012 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  13. Philip

Perhaps we should add the Internal Revenue Service to our "things to publicly audit" list.

February 13, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

@The Prophet....it is not our government that "lays there hands on our homes", though they are accomplices with the BIS, the home offices of the worlds federal reserves, including the Fed that conducts business in the USA with impunity. (never ever being publicly audited) While most were watching Uncle Sam "loan" our domestic banks 580 billion tax dollars, the Fed was quietly gobbling up over 3 trillion dollars worth of US PROPERTIES. (like Harley-Davidson and the Crossroads Mall in Norman Oklahoma) It's the Fed ripping US off as our president pretends to be powerless to audit audit and expose them.

February 13, 2012 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  15. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

Buon giorno, Philip!
    Auditing the IRS would be another area where I would agree with you, were not creative bookkeeping even simpler than Schubert's little song about confusing a trout to catch it.

February 13, 2012 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |