March 5th, 2012

Chinese premier touches on military, economy

Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao underlined the Asian giant's regional military ambitions and economic challenges Monday in a speech that opened the annual meeting of the country's legislators.

China intends to further tailor its military to ensure it is able to prevail in conflicts in its vicinity, Wen said in a speech to the National People's Congress, a 10-day gathering in Beijing of about 3,000 delegates from across the country.

"We will enhance the armed forces' capability to accomplish a wide range of military tasks. Most important is to win local wars under information-age conditions," Wen said.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Chile • World
  1. Jj

Yet more of the same from this site. Banz did u read the Obama care bill yet? Prob not. U don't want to know what's in it nor do u care. So spout your rhetoric whilst being ignorant. Ignorance is bliss while average joe is going to have to pay 3.8% extra on a home sale to go towards Obama care. Deny deny deny. Ignorance denial and obtuseness are not a quality that is to be admired

March 5, 2012 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Jj.
      I hope your read this.
      You really do notknow what I care about.
      Therfore, it is a gratuitous insult to say that I'm ignorant, that I don't care, and all of the other things you have posted erronesously.
      I am also not typically up in the middle of the night, either.
      I do not know why you have targeted ME out of all the people who post here, but you own those reasons.
      I have never deniey, denied anything...I've disagreed with you on occasion, as I have with many people here.
      So?
      There are many things about Obamacare that needs to be fixed...just because he proposed it does not mean I endorse everything in it.
      " Ignorance denial and obtuseness are not a quality that is to be admired".
      I quite agree.
      And if you were talking about me personally...well, Jj, your opinion of me isn't going to rock my world AT ALL!
      And if you were talking about the great divide with bi-partisanship, well:
      I think it applies to both sides of the aisle.

I am and independent...meaning there are qualities of BOTH parties that I admire, and BOTH parties have major faults.
      I am more a centrist than anything.
      You think you know where my thoughts lie...you don't.
      No-one here does,
      If you want meaningful dialog between us, I suggest that you stop assuming what I'm thinking, and what I care about...
      Nine times out of ten, you'd be surprised at what it is I AM thinking.

March 5, 2012 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Oh, yeah, if I sell my house, do you thnk I'd be exempt?
      Please.
      I am the average Joe, MARIIED to the average Paul...I don't get you rhetoric towards ME. At all.
      And yes, I am taking it a bit personally, since you targeted me in three posts before I even awoke this morning.
      GoodNight.

March 5, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. COMMIE PUNKS

The Chinese War Machine is Gearing Up!

March 5, 2012 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  3. Bill

Go after america

March 5, 2012 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mr. Rogers

Wide range of military tasks? That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

March 5, 2012 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  5. Biscuit Boy

Hey China?us black folks are on your side and want to be in your military!

March 5, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  6. Biscuit Boy

Invade America!!!

March 5, 2012 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

@ jj, now you see, this is what makes it so hard 2 have a sensible conversation with you. While i KNOW you have an intelligent mind, you are TOO confrontational! Ive see 3 posts this am directed @ banasy, & she didnt even have a discussion w/you on this!

March 5, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  8. Greek American

@Jj

Have you decided to start early on your GOP campaign this year? Hahahahahaha. Let's see, Obama wasn't born here, is Muslim, will take our gun rights away, etc., didn't work for 2008 so now you are starting with this garbage for 2012? Hahahahaha. Thanks for the entertainment.

March 5, 2012 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Greek American

And I don't need to see this same trash posted in EVERY thread on here today, but thanks for making your pointless point, more propaganda.

March 6, 2012 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |